Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thailand under Military Control....?

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I hope all our members, living in Thailand, are safe, secure and well...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27517591

anataman

Comments

• CinorjerCinorjer Veteran

I've been following as well and worrying we have not heard from out members over there lately. At least, with all this trouble, the country is not anti-western or anti-foreigner. It's all an internal fight for power of brother against brother, it seems.

federicaanataman
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Crossed fingers. Time for a little Metta meditation, methinks.....

Cinorjeranataman
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

For those in the UK REMEMBER TO VOTE in local and European elections today. Sorry for shouting, people died for your right to vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party of your choice . . .

anataman
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

@federica said:
    I hope all our members, living in Thailand, are safe, secure and well...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27517591

I see Tom on Facebook, so he is fine.

lobsterVastmindChaz
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

^^Who else is there?

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Based on previous coups in Thailand, civilians going about their normal business are VERY UNLIKELY to run into any serious problems. In fact, I would guess things are safer now than over the past 4 years when occasional hand grenades and mysterious shootings took place between the "warring" factions.

Although it doesn't matter what I think about this, personally, this is the best thing that's happened in Thailand in nearly 5 years.

lobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Some posts I've seen online about it downplay it a lot. Hard to imagine it not being a big deal, but I think it's more normal there and not nearly the same as if it were to happen say in the UK or the US. I see Tom on FB as well and was glad to see he is fine. Do we have other members in Thailand currently as well?