Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Awake In The World

ChazChaz The Remarkable ChazAnywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

I got this via the Shambhala Mountain Center's Facebook page:

http://www.shambhalamountainonline.org/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=FB POST&utm_content=FB4&utm_campaign=AWAKE

Looks good. Sakyong is good as is Richard Reoch, Joan Halifax and Fleet Maul are excellent. Topics are interesting and would dove-tail nicely into a number of convo we've had here recently.

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Interesting, thanks. I'll check it out.

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

@ourself said:
    Interesting, thanks. I'll check it out.

Cool!

I attened the Sukavati (funeral) practice for Fleet's late wife. He spoke, of course. I don't recall hearing anything more heart-felt and profund in my life.

The Sakyong, is, well, the Sakyong, and having been raised in Boudler is very representative of the fruition of what occurred their in the '70s.

Richard Reoch formerly led Amnesty International. Neat guy. Excellent teacher.

Tara Brach is a respected Vipassana teacher.

I expect this event will be more about bringing mindfullness into daily life than about practice per se.

There's an interestig slate of teachers and topics.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

I'm in.

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

I registered, too. I consider Fleet Maul one of my first 'teachers'. His 'radical responsibility' is some seriously good stuff. I'm sorry to hear his wife passed away, when did that happen :( ?

Earthninja
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

@Hamsaka said:
    I registered, too. I consider Fleet Maul one of my first 'teachers'. His 'radical responsibility' is some seriously good stuff. I'm sorry to hear his wife passed away, when did that happen :( ?

Years ago. 5? Maybe more. It was a couple years before I quit smoking and that's four, so .....

It starts tonight! I'm looking forward to it......

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Thanks for the link @chaz- have signed up!

I thought it went well. I really like the fact that i can still catch it after it starts...up tp 48 hours. Anyway....hubby saw it in Brooklyn....I saw it in Memphis....and we got on the phone after and did a little talkin about it. Im liking this medium/format. Its convient as far as timing...and accessibility. Easy online retreat. .. :) ....

My guy Lodro was up tonight. Fantastic! Some real practical advice for work situations. He did a little contemplation exercise that hit on! Here is the link to the vid...it will only be good for the next 48 hours. It's an hour long....but its worth sharing...IMO.

http://www.shambhalamountainonline.org/?page_id=172&inf_contact_key=075f6574cab7ec684ccdb8318fc6a4b892751a2efe9f79b653b87bc415a75ae5

• Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran

I recently heard an interview with Angel Kyodo Williams that I enjoyed quite a bit, so I'm glad to see her in the line-up.

my greatest disappointment is that these broadcasts cannot be held online longer than 48 hours - I have not had the time to listen to each cast in the way I would have liked. Perhaps there could be a greater delay like 2 weeks! in that way people like me could have enjoyed it more!

edited October 2014

I did hate the 48 hour limit....when I missed it twice. haha

But I get it......so.....I took alot from it and was glad I got some good, modern, teaching talks from all kinds of people. Did you catch the different religions discussion night?.....That was one I missed. Argggg!

But I hope they do another one next year.. :) ... I enjoyed all the videos I did squeeze in!

The Art meditations/reflections were beautiful!! The ones that started the day...the flower arranger on day 1 was my fav!!

perhaps someone was wise enough to record and post on youtube - NO?!!!!!

Just joking - much of the discussions are nothing new, that you can't find elsewhere, but a live discussion is always very much more ALIVE

edited October 2014

Actually.....'live' wasn't my carrot. I liked the structure content of a retreat but the time of someone who can't do that right now. For my inbetween the Monastery trips.....this was convient and had a flow that hard to get at Temples?...... Does that make sense ??

Practice yes.....but retreats for study is just too much to take on my plate....financially, time and all other ways.....so...like I said...convient...in a pretty online package....hahahaha..I'm studying online....duh. hahaha

oh well $97 and you can buy the discussions to listen at your leisure!

$97

I'll borrow yours.

Ben Franklin would have wanted it that way. .. :vimp: ...