Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Art drive for a mala

I have been trying my best to save for a mala, and of course, life likes to throw flaming curveballs and mind bending twists/turns. The short-long version of my story is basically, I lost half my income due to company cuts and I can no longer justify the purchase at this giving when I can barely pay rent. So, I'm offering my art services in trade for either some 108 Mala beads or donation which will go to purchasing a set.

you can see some of my other works in a thread I posted previously by me. I mainly do surrealism, cubism and the abstract....but willing to step outside of the box in this case.

BuddhadragonlobsterVastmind

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@bravehawk: you can find very beautiful malas in very affordable price ranges on Etsy and Ebay.
    They won't set you back by much.
    Actually, the most inexpensive ones will probably last longer than the fancy ones.

Over a year ago, I did a mala for myself with red sandalwood and green Burma jade beads, threaded with strong silk cord and finished with a jade Kuan Yin pendant attached to the guru bead. It's still as strong as the first day. Only drawback: it's not elastic, and I prefer to tie my malas around my wrist.
    So I got smitten by a done-on-command fancy mala on etsy that was elastic. Fifty dollars. It came apart less than a month later.
    I'm buying elastic cord and re-threading my own mala.

• Thank you so much for the advice! Also, I love Kuan Yin stuff, but Ive never seen the Kuan Yin malas....I'm gonna keep my eye out for one now!

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

A quartz crystal or some white stone would be appropriate. Red would be ok, too.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

May I offer to send you one?

Please allow me to turn the favor someone did for me. PM me.

... :) ...

Buddhadragonlobsterbravehawk