Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Regression, progression, consolidation.

2»

Comments

• Telly03Telly03 Veteran
    edited October 2014

@ourself said:
    Progress, regress, stagnation... It's all just perspective. in reality, we only go forwards as far as I can tell.

I don't view our journeys as scripted, thankfully, because that would ruin the surprise and take the fun out of it... so if you can't predict the path, it also makes sense to me that you can't measure the "progress", and you can't unlearn what you have learned so I don't see how one can regress.

Some of my favorite realizations occurred during a period of transition, moving across country, changing jobs, not studying Buddhism, but what I have observed is that once you learn to recognize the journey, you learn to appreciate it, and the realizations do not stop, regardless if you attending a Sangha or studying Buddhist ideas. This is something you don't lose... it's not like many religions where you can go down a wrong path. When your eyes start opening, you don't forget what you have seen.

David
  • @Telly03 said:
    Some of my favorite realizations occurred during a period of transition, moving across country, changing jobs, not studying Buddhism, but what I have observed is that once you learn to recognize the journey, you learn to appreciate it, and the realizations do not stop, regardless if you attending a Sangha or studying Buddhist ideas. This is something you don't lose... it's not like many religions where you can go down a wrong path. When your eyes start opening, you don't forget what you have seen.

Mindfulllness