Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

hi there

Nice to know there is a Buddhist community online. There is none where I live (in India). I mean real community, not virtual.

How's everytone here? Meditate lately?

I am also scared most of the time - cancer is what scares me most. I keep biting my lips/cheeks, they say that causes oral cancer. With all this tension, I cant meditate.

Comments

• Say welcome tension.

As I say welcome star :D

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hi @star - welcome.

You might find what they say is nonsense! Best to do your own research.

http://www.medicinenet.com/oral_cancer/page3.htm#whos_at_risk_for_oral_cancer

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

I agree with Bunks. I don't think biting your lip or cheek is any real risk for oral cancer.

Of course, Venus De Milo kept biting her nails, and look what happened to her.

But seriously, you're worrying about the wrong thing.

• misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    edited November 2014

@star: hi, welcome.

i do not have any medical information on the subject of biting your lip/cheek leading to cancer - so i will say to you to do some research on oral cancer if you are too worried about it. relax. go for a medical check-up, to get your body diagnosed if there is some trouble in it. only go for medical check-up, if you are facing some health issue, don't just go based on an apprehension of having a disease.

metta(loving-kindness) to you and all sentient beings.

Bunks
  • Hi (*)

I used to know somone called Star. He was indian and had a big star tattooed on his forehead. Not you.

I am also scared most of the time

The Star I knew did not have time for such behaviour. What does not scare you? Are you scared of meditating?

B)

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

Samsara is far worse than cancer or aids. As the latter are temporary.

Have fun meditating ! :)
    So yeah, relax.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@star said:
    I am also scared most of the time - cancer is what scares me most. I keep biting my lips/cheeks, they say that causes oral cancer. With all this tension, I cant meditate.

My father-in-law was pretty scared of cancer. He was obssessed with it.
    Guess what? He died of cancer.

You can't make your life revolve around your fears.
    Fear is made to be overcome.
    Remember that principle by which "we are dominated by everything with which we identify and we dominate everything with which we disidentify."
    Identify with the positive.

Find a way to meditate no matter what.
    It is precisely the dettached observation of your thoughts that will help you sift through the worthless, negative stuff.

lobsterToraldrisJeffrey