Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Would you have gone to the management and complained?

2»

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

@Toraldris said:
    dhammachick Don't look at me, I'm a full atheist+Skeptic and think the cashier's views are the most ridiculous thing. :mrgreen: I just don't believe they were "pushing" their views on people. They were just expressing their beliefs, perhaps inappropriate for the milieu but not punish-worthy (and I wouldn't report this singular instance). If the cashier had told the customer that they were going to hell or wouldn't be raptured unless they accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour, talking about them  instead of his/herself, it would be crossing that line.

Wanting to keep people from pushing their beliefs, and wanting those beliefs to never be said in public, are two different urges people can have. I subscribe to the former and not the latter... I am not an anti-theist.

I usually agree with vinlyn because we share so much in common, but that's my honest appraisal.

And I do understand your position, and it's a reasonable one.

But, if we turned the situation around and it was the Born Again "professer" as the customer, and it was a cashier who said, "Well, in my Satanic coven we were talking just last week about how the Devil is going to raise prices in grocery stores to bring unrest among the multitudes...", you can bet the Born Again would have rallied the local troops by now, the grocery chain would be being boycotted, and we'd be hearing about this on FOX News.

Anyway, I'm getting bored.

BunkssilverHamsaka
  • ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran
    edited November 2014

@Dakini said: Where is our "confused" emoticon? lol

It's colon-confused-colon (without the dashes of course).

:confused:

The new system they put in gives you a few options that pop up if you put a colon, or if you put colon-a, colon-b, all the way up through colon-z you'll have the emoticons that start with, or even just contain, those letters. There are loads of emoticons.

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran
    edited November 2014

@Dakini Also found that colon-1 brings up a couple options. :+1::-1:

But my colon isn't confused.

Rowan1980silverKundo
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2014

hehe Beavis he said 'colon'

Rowan1980Hamsaka
  • @Toraldris said:
    Dakini Also found that colon-1 brings up a couple options. :+1::-1:

hey, thanks! I still don't have the hang of the new system. Good to know. :smile:

I wish there was a list/tutorial about all the hidden emoticons. (Or is there?)

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

Re: @dhammachick's post; it's fascinating how many different, semi-different or kinda the same responses popped up to Vinlyn's post. Who is responsible for all these different angles on the same issue?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

You are.
    As you're the sitting duck, YOU take the blame.

Chaz
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@Hamsaka said:
    Re: dhammachick's post; it's fascinating how many different, semi-different or kinda the same responses popped up to Vinlyn's post. Who is responsible for all these different angles on the same issue?

I think every thread is a just an easy flow of differing Dharmic opinons. ....until that diversity of views becomes a challenge to anyones sense of identity.

@federica said:
    You are.
    As you're the sitting duck, YOU take the blame.

Ahem.

That would be 'sitting GOOSE'.

Rowan1980ChazKundo
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited November 2014
    @how‌

Then it's a sport.

Just kidding for the most part.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Hamsaka said:
    That would be 'sitting GOOSE'.

>

Oh! pardonnez mon faux pas!

@federica said:
    Oh! pardonnez mon faux pas!

It's quite alright.