Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhism at the Oscars?

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Mexican film director Alejandro G. Inarritu was quoted as saying at the Academy Awards ceremony where his movie, "Birdman" won the coveted "best picture" award:

"Fear is the condom of life. It doesn't allow you to enjoy things."

I just thought it was interesting that anyone might say something interesting (and possibly Buddhist?) at such a ceremony.

Comments

• Tee Hee. Recommended this film to my sister. Told me this weekend she hated it. I loved it.

Is it Buddhist? M m m . . . more about reality, masks, insanity, hype, celebrity, media, fantasy . . . just everything. You might like it . . . others might not . . . <3

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited February 2015

The director follows TNH teachings, thats why he is so wise ;)

Plum Village Facebook:

Congratulations Alejandro González Iñárritu on your Academy Awards for Birdman. Thank you so much for including Thay in the film's credits.

Alejandro follows Thay's teachings, and says of his mindfulness practice, "It's like my island, my own time. It's very nice and gentle. It’s the most simple thing, like breathing. Literally just being aware of your breathing is a powerful thing."

BunkslobsterRowan1980