Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Whats wrong with women?

2»

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Very true, Karasti. I wonder if he was always celibate?

But I have to admit, if one equates nose picking with having sex, then one is pretty lousy at sex!

NamadakarastilobsterKundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

And picking your nose actually takes more time, for some men... at least, those sitting oblivious, in their cars, at traffic lights.....

DairyLamakarastilobsterKundo
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

There once was a man who said 'whoah'
    Expounding his philosophy whole!...
    His wife said 'I love you, cool down',
    You will be viewed as a pitiful clown!
    Now that's feminine wisdom, compassion and control...

@federica said:
    And picking your nose actually takes more time, for some men... at least, those sitting oblivious, in their cars, at traffic lights.....

I guess you're admitting that women even pick their noses more skillfully! :p

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

You read into it whatever makes you comfortable.... ;)

Kundo
  • NichyNichy Explorer

@vinlyn said:

I believe we do pick our noses better than men, have you ever see a women picking their noses at a stop light? lol :)

• The problem I will now have, thanks to this thread, is trying to not think about sex every time I need to clean my nose cavity.

NichyNamadaJeffrey
  • NichyNichy Explorer

@Telly03 ruin it for you, didn't it? lol

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Better than the opposite, thinking about nose picking during sex :)

Telly03Jeffrey
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited February 2015
    >I believe we do pick our noses better than men, have you ever see a women picking their noses at a stop light?

@Nichy
    You havent looked up "nosepickers" on youtube have you? O.o null
  • SORRY THAT WE ARE BIRTHING BABIES AND KEEPING THE HUMAN RACE GOING

seeesshhh :)

• @Hamsaka said:

Yeah, these goats remind me of my twenty something male peers ;) :P :)

Hamsaka
  • Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

Whats wrong with women?
    Wu :-)

Theres nought wrong with women... As much as there is something wrong with men!

This thread is as pointless as the sun expressing milk for a semi suntanned cappucino,

or artichokes menstruating...

Pointless - but please elaborate as someone here will have a view!

vinlyn
  • NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited February 2015

Dont take it so seriously :)

Reason to this thread was to ask and discuss some (pointless) questions...

like this one:

are women not equal to men according to buddhas teaching?

(maybe the topic is little bit missleading though)

but we got some good answers..... :)

Women and men are equal

Stop

Men are equal to women

Period!

Women suffer the menstrual cycle.

Pointlessly pointless

But nonetheless pointless

Maybe if the ship is sinking, the rats had a point.....

• @Namada said:
    Ajahn Chah also explained how sex is like.
    In front of everyone in the sangha, he putted his finger in and out of the nose several times...

I'm not sure how reliable this account attributed to Ajahn Amaro is:

"In 1979 in Barre, Massachusetts, during a question-and-answer session while on retreat, someone asked Ajahn Chah, "Is it necessarily a barrier to be in a sexual relationship? Can one not view sex in terms of it being the dance of the sacred marriage? Couldn't it be noble and mystical?" After Ajahn Chah had the question translated, he pondered for a moment and then started picking his nose in a very graphic and extended way. When everyone was rolling on the floor laughing and he was sure they definitely got the point, he pulled his finger out of his nose: "There's nothing more to it than that, except what the mind adds to it." Perhaps this story has been altered a bit in the telling, but it's still a good story."

I don't care how he did or how he explained it, sticking your fingers up your nose and rummaging around in there -- in public -- is rude and disgusting. I don't care if it's the homeless guy in the shelter that's doing it or a Buddhist monk. It's too bad he wasn't sophisticated enough to explain the answer to the question in some different way.

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited February 2015

I agree with you @anataman they are equal...

but this view is not always common in buddhist communities.

I saw one documentar where young buddhist girls accepted they were not equal to men.
    And these girl said its obviously much better to be a man, because of this reason and this reason...and in their next life they wanted to be born as a boy.

And this springs out from buddhas teaching

• @Zero Ajahn Jaysaro also told the same story in one of his 10 min. clips on youtube.
    So I think it is true :+1:

• me and my girlfriend are always looking for ways to spice it up in the bedroom. maybe we can try picking our noses?

@Namada said:
    I agree with you anataman they are equal...

but this view is not always common in buddhist communities.

I saw one documentar where young buddhist girls accepted they were not equal to men.
    And these girl said its obviously much better to be a man, because of this reason and this reason...and in their next life they wanted to be born as a boy.

And this springs out from buddhas teaching

I doubt if the buddha taught that women were not equal - goes completely against the grain of my view of buddhism.

Suppression of women is wrong, as is suppression of men (which does occur, and definitely goes unnoticed or is blatently ignored). Those who try and exert authority over another arebrought into question. I don't do it.... Well I do actually, I try and control my kids - and the frustration and problems it causes have made me realise that I shouldn't try to control them; it's best to use carrots and be persuasive in arguments! Although they are starting to see through this ruse already ...\lol/...

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Whats wrong with women?

If we ain't gonna tell you, you can bet it's epic :p

And now for a stroll in the black forest............