Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Are you wrong?

2»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Ya know folks, I think this ^^ guy knows his shit....

• Lobster, tis a good one there. I/we/you are right and I/we/you are wrong.
    I/we/you are both right and wrong.
    Now, time for some tea.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@0student0 said:
    Maybe you can't give a right answer, but can you ask the right question?
    I don't know if I'm being deep or just silly...

<3
    Well I will leave you to answer the ratio between silliness and depth ...

However I would suggest the right question at the wrong time can be silly and the wrong answer at the right time can be skilfull.

How so? To get to the other side?

Buddhadragon
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited June 2015

Nobody is going to be right about everything but I'd imagine most people are right at least some of the time.

When it comes to the Buddhist practice/process, I think being wrong is great especially that one point where it clicks in and I know I've been wrong.

The excitement is blissful!

I've actually had tears in my eyes from smiling like a lunatic in anticipation for what comes next.

Just another day.

CinorjerlobsterEarthninja
  • @Tony_A_Simien said: So if one is trapped behind the perceived barrier of mind, one Will not understand the koan. Or be able to respond with one's own koan to demonstrate one's understanding prior to mind.

Welcome to the top of the flagpole, my friend. There is room enough here for everyone.

• @misecmisc1 said:
    Can we answer from beyond the mind?

Well.. one answer is yes.. through nonverbal communication...or resonance...but unpacking what you mean by each word in your question could be fun...

Or we can just have a cup of tea...either way the beyond is answering all questions all the time. And its also not because reasons.

And also...
    As well as...
    And this as well....
    Try this one...

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@federica said:
    I am always wrong.
    Particularly when I am utterly convinced I'm right.
    That's when I am wrong the most.

[lobster faints]

On the spiritual path that some of us rightly or wrongly think we are already on, a strong alignment can and does change to its opposite. The Ying Yang symbol of Taoism explains this rather well ...

Our individual identity is strongly associated with our physical body, its ups and downs, gender, hormones, sexuality, state of repair etc.

How to be not depersonalized but a Buddha Nurture Type?
    http://opcoa.st/0x8R8

Answers to the usual wrong types ... ;)

• It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    Mark Twain