Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Piatigorsky

I discovered this Russian philosopher a couple of days ago on YouTube and was amazed at some of the things he had to say.
Turns out he was pretty well known in Russia and many of his lectures are about Buddhism. Sadly, the lectures are in Russian and nobody bothered to add subtitles.
So if there's any one of you out there who can speak Russian, interested in hearing what Piatigorsky has to say, and then sharing a few key ideas with me and the community, he's/she's welcome.

Moist videos can be found under the Russian spelling of his name (пиатигорскй?, not sure).

Comments

• 0student00student0 Explorer

Damn autocorrect *most videos

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

I kinda liked "moist" :)

0student0karastilobster

=) yeah, not of old Piatigorsky, though.

• DakiniDakini Veteran

OP, my computer's down so I don't have my Russky font, but Piat--igorskii would be spelled with 3 letters in Russian, not 4, if you see what I mean. Spelled like the first three letters of the word for "five". I'll take a look at those vids when I get the chance, thanks for the tip. They sound interesting.

@Dakini

You're right, I think it's spelled пятигорский.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

That's easy for you to say..... :lol:

0student0
  • illusionillusion Explorer
    edited June 2015

@illusion

Thank you, that's one of his few lectures in English.
    But even then, I can barely understand him.
    Love his style.

illusion