Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Interesting article on female monks

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Have a look. See what you think.

ZeroyagrlobsterVastmind

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Very interesting. I love that she simply decided/knew what needed to be done and didn't worry about the details or how to handle situations. And it's worked out quite well for her.

silverNirvanaVastmind
  • Tara1978Tara1978 UK Veteran

Interesting read. It seems to me that most religions/governments/ organisations have a male dominated structure, Buddhism is no different. The Tibetan monasteries are also mostly boys. It is a shame the women in this article can only do their good work by not showing there true selves and taking ordination in other countries.

silver
  • Women are powerful.
    The Buddha recognized women as monks/nuns. In the religious world of his day, women were not allowed to participate. If they did it was in a strictly supportive role, not in the role of a monk/nun . He changed that. He opened up the order to women and even predicted that they too would become Buddhas.

In the Lotus Sutra, the daughter of a Dragon King gains enlightenment in an instant.

D'dtr calling, must go.

Peace to all

• Under my lay skin, I consider myself a daughter of the Buddha.

Quick round of Tara