Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

RIP Daniel Berrigan

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

I feel strangely diminished in the death of the Rev. Daniel Berrigan, one of the peacnik dogs who barked loudly and did his share of biting.

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2016
  • It is sad to see two men gone whom had dedicated their lives to making the world a better place. I wish more people would follow their examples.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@bushinoki said:
    It is sad to see two men gone whom had dedicated their lives to making the world a better place. I wish more people would follow their examples.

I know what you mean.

But re-reading that sentence makes it look as if you think more popular good people should also consider leaving this mortal coil...

This year has been a sad one for the great and admired, from David Bowie, right up to the recent demise of Victoria Wood....
    It's not been good.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2016

Orville was a green duck, not sure if it made the world 'better ... maybe ... maybe not ... To quote 'Cuddles the Monkey', "I hate that duck".

Though some of us check the obituaries in case we have died without noticing, it is also important to make efforts to live well/skilfully.

... and now back to the May Day death celebrations ...

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I was surprised to learn Danial Berrigan was born only an hour from where we live. Sad for the loss of people who brighten the world.