Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

meditation with music

shep83shep83 wisbech, cambigshire, uk Explorer

This evening I tried meditation whilst listening to authentic Tibetan meditation music, I generally find that I get overly hung up on counting my breaths and do not allow my mind to explore other Avenues, or my mind wonders in to strange dark corners of my mind I'm not sure I quite ready to deal with yet, tonight however I was able to bring myself to a deep meditive state the likes of which I have yet reached, anyone else have sucess meditating to music?

Steve_B

Comments

• Steve_BSteve_B Veteran

@shep83 said:
    This evening I tried meditation whilst listening to authentic Tibetan meditation music, I generally find that I get overly hung up on counting my breaths and do not allow my mind to explore other Avenues, or my mind wonders in to strange dark corners of my mind I'm not sure I quite ready to deal with yet, tonight however I was able to bring myself to a deep meditive state the likes of which I have yet reached, anyone else have sucess meditating to music?

Excellent!
    If it works, it works.
    What music was it?

• shep83shep83 wisbech, cambigshire, uk Explorer

Hi Steve the music is called deep shamanistic meditation, its very traditional Tibetan style music I pulled from a free mp3 downloading service, very relaxing indeed.

RuddyDuck9
  • BrownbuddhaBrownbuddha Osaka, Japan Explorer

There is a Japanese sect that 'Plays" music instead of sitting or chanting. Whatever works for you is the best, in my small opinion. _/|_

• I do enjoy meditating to music but I feel like I'm more zoning out then meditating.

• This song really fits with meditation. Most will not get it.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well for a start, I can't get any sound. Either by turning up my speakers, or on the volume control of the video itself, so no, to that point you're right. All I see is some dated pseudo-gigolo gyrating his hips and looking suggestive! :D

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Get in tune with the natural sounds, man, like the wind in the trees and the waves on the shore, even the sound of your breath. Mellow out, and rediscover your mojo. :p

lobster