Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

not another newbie

Per4umerPer4umer UK New
edited September 2016 in General Banter

=) Hi, yes I am another newbie!
I chose the baby avatar, because I am a baby learning about buddhism.
To introduce myself clumsily, I studied Buddhism at A Level (advanced level in UK school) found it very interesting and it made alot of sense. Some puzzles still,but I liked it. I was a 'christian' for a long time. Don't know what I would call myself now. I believe in alot of stuff which does not fit into boxes.
I have been a practising student of yoga for just over a year and have learnt more about how complex and wonderful we are as human beings through yoga and my journey of widening spirituality. Yoga has helped me in lots of ways.
I have joined here to open my mind as to whether being a full blown buddhist is for me, and to learn, and learn some more.
namaste y' all.

Walkerlobsteryagr

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Bienvenue, willkommen, welcome, benvenuta...

I think some of us a far from being 'full-blown Buddhists'... i'm not even sure that's a thing!
    We're all here, just feeling ou way along the path.

Nice to see you! I never did Buddhism at A level. Mind you, it's not a common subject, at a RC Convent.... ;)

• Hello. <3

Welcome. Hope we learn a little about Buddhism at A level study. :) Yoga I feel is a good complimentary basis for dharma. Hopefully we can unravel some puzzles ...

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited September 2016

Welcome @Per4umer --- hope you find something useful here.

And if you figure out what it's like to be a full-blown Buddhist, you will be sure to let us know, won't you? Given the amount of well-intentioned hot air already at work in the world of "Buddhism," it's a little hard to imagine how much more could possibly be added. :)

Best wishes in your travels.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2016

@genkaku are you saying it's a little warm in here....? :p

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

^^^^^^^^
    Moi?