Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Vesak

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I wish you all a joyous and peaceful Vesak, the day on which we celebrate the birth and the enlightenment of the Buddha. I heard this year it is the 26th of May, so perhaps I am a little early, but at least we didn’t forget.

Blessings to everyone!

Shoshin1DavidKotishkaJeffreyFoibleFullLionduck

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Kerome said:
    I wish you all a joyous and peaceful Vesak, the day on which we celebrate the birth and the enlightenment of the Buddha. I heard this year it is the 26th of May, so perhaps I am a little early, but at least we didn’t forget.

Blessings to everyone!

Thanks @Kerome, same to you.

https://nbm.org.au/2021-vesak-for-sri-lanka/

Shoshin1Jeffrey
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Thanks and same back to you!

May you all have a wonderful day with many reasons to smile.

BunksShoshin1Jeffrey
  • KotishkaKotishka Veteran

Happy Vesak to all the NB Sangha!

BunksShoshin1Jeffrey
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran

Yes thank you. May you generate much merit today! And today being a Lunar Eclipse, it is even more auspicious than most Vesaks. I was up early enough to see the setting moon just AS it was in its full eclipse.

Our group got up at 4 to do the Mahayana Sojong (on Zoom) with our Lama. One-day vows .. so far, I'm being a "good girl". Supposed to eat vegan and only one meal after sunrise, that meal being at noon. But I have to take food with my evening meds, so my lunch will be at 5 pm!

JeffreyShoshin1Bunks