Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Three week Daily Awareness Course

2»

Comments

• It's all good. I iz too bad-ass to choose …
    Also note: I am finished with ordering my thoughts and returning to chaos/beginner mind … :p

BunksWalker
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    Also note: I am finished with ordering my thoughts and returning to chaos/beginner mind … :p

Well observed friend @lobster. But it is an exercise in discipline as well. Still it means having to discriminate, set apart good and bad in order to highlight the good.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

5?good things today:

1. Time alone (love the weekends with my kids but love the weekends alone too)
    2. Football
    3. My new TV (50th birthday present to myself)
    4. Fish and chips
    5. Bed
    WalkerShoshin1
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Happy Birthday! I will also celebrate the half-century mark in January.

Mmm... fish and chips. I usually make my own, but might have to hit up my favourite take-out sometime soon.

BunksShoshin1
    edited October 2021

@Walker said:
    Happy Birthday! I will also celebrate the half-century mark in January.

Mmm... fish and chips. I usually make my own, but might have to hit up my favourite take-out sometime soon.

Thanks @Walker - nice to get down to the local Chippy occasionally for some scran! (tuning in to my inner Geordie!).

Birthdays not until December but I couldn't wait! Sounds like we will have to form "Club 50" together :)

WalkerShoshin1

Day 16

Today, while you do your work, please bring your mind to the present moment. Bring your focus on what you are doing at each moment. Try to notice and not allow your attention to go to the future, to the result you expect (or the goal). Staying with the present moment, try not to think about how long the work is going to take.

Walker
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited October 2021

@Bunks said:
    Birthdays not until December but I couldn't wait! Sounds like we will have to form "Club 50" together :)

I will join soon because next year July I am also celebrating my 50th. Coincidence ;)

Walker

@Jeroen said:

@Bunks said:

I will join soon because next year July I am also celebrating my 50th. Coincidence ;)

Cool! Get on board mate

Walker
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Bunks said:

@Jeroen said:

@Bunks said:

Cool! Get on board mate

suddenly I feel very old...

HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs) very kindly informed me that on the 4th of April,2023, they will begin paying me my pension. I shall be 66.

WalkerBunksShoshin1marcitko

Day 17

Today, try observing what the state of your mind is, either when there is a stimulus (regardless of whether the stimulus feels positive or negative) or when there is no external stimulus.
    Try observing how your mind is changing moment by moment or what different kinds of emotions are arising eg. feeling agitated, frustrated, lonely, bored, depressed, delighted, fulfilled, etc.

federicaShoshin1

Day 18

Try observing carefully what happens in your body when you are angry, hateful, scared, tense or stressed. What are the changes and sensations in your body?

Shoshin1Jeroen

I can observe what my body feels like when I am sleepy, that is what the present moment brings.

Bunks

Day 19

When something makes you feel dissatisfied, pause to see if it has a "good side" or "benefit" to you and how. Choose three things or events.

Shoshin1
  • @Bunks said:
    Day 19

When something makes you feel dissatisfied, pause to see if it has a "good side" or "benefit" to you and how. Choose three things or events.

Only two days to go … hooray!
    Don't give up … unless like me you have … =)

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I think this thread is such a good reminder on how to develop, cultivate, and perpetuate Mindfulness, that I have brought it to the top of the pile...

lobsterBunks

@Bunks said:
    Day 19

Is this an exercise in positive thinking? Surely we should also examine positive feelings to see if they have negative sides? It reminds me of Ajahn Chah, who once said that when he examined all the positive things in his life, he found they inevitably led him to more dhukkha.

Bunks

Day 20

There are several good things that you encounter today. Choose ten and compare with the list you made four days ago. What are the differences?