Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Zazen is Good for Nothing

Shohaku Okumura Roshi on "Good for Nothing' Zazen....

So the next time somebody calls you a 'Good for Nothing' so & so for just sitting around doing nothing...

...take it as a compliment ;);)

lobsterBunks

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran

For the meditator who has everything.

Shoshin1Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It reminds me of a story my mother used to tell, about a well-known Osho sannyasin who visited them once when she and my stepfather lived in England. This Osho sannyasin used to have a single criterion of whether another sannyasin was worth spending time on, and that was by insistently asking, “yes, but does he meditate?” My mother found this terribly funny.

Of course, checking whether a person meditates is really checking whether his personal goals align with your personal goals, in a very particular way. It really is not a good way of determining whether the person concerned is good or worthwhile.

BunksShoshin1