Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

“502” error on this site

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator

Hi all, just a note to say I did notice the “502 gateway” error the site was throwing earlier and it’s been remedied. We did notice the same 3 weeks ago but were only able to put a temporary fix in place at that time and knew it would happen again. A longer fix was made this time.

If you’re curious, we’ve had challenges with our backup automation taking up too much space in the database server, and that server filling entirely is what triggered the downtime.

BunksShoshin1KotishkafedericaJasonJeroen

Comments

• You are at it again (behind the scenes tinkering) <3
    Second time I noticed some weird new editing features temporarily introduced …

… noticed the 502 gateway fault on occasion.

HAPPY Easter. :heartbreak: [don’t worry Jesus returns after Good Friday] Many thanks to those keeping us working …

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I think it was this error again today and last night? It looked the same, a 502 bad gateway fault.

• indeed

I had this fault but is gone now …

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited August 2023

We had the same problems with the server backups taking up too much disk space. I got it running again but the underlying problem maybe isn't really fixed, so if it happens again just be patient and I'll kick it back online as soon as I notice. It's not a serious problem, just inconvenient that it keeps cropping up.

Bunkslobster