Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How To Sleep

What I posted in another thread not so long ago...

I've found when I had trouble falling to sleep it was because I had my laptop and phone in the bedroom with me and would watch something while laying in bed, before trying to go to sleep...

It turns out I had been creating a habit in which the bedroom and lounge were not separate places( in both places I would be stimulating my mind by watching programmes)...

And after reading about the importance of associating the bedroom with sleep only ( a place of rest...a place with no stimulating devices)...I found it easier falling asleep...In other words I trained my mind to associate the bedroom with sleep...

Not saying that this approach with work for everyone who suffers from insomnia...

For those who have difficulty falling asleep...some useful tips from a Buddhist monk...

BunksKotishkaperson

Comments

• I actually moved my computer down to the basement to do my university study-work. I have to say, the room feels less "heavy" and helps me to disconnect.

The next trick I'm applying is an adaption of what How shared somewhere here in the forum. I will only "be lazy" on my phone the same amount of time I dedicate to my meditation practice. Let the challenge begin!

Shoshin1lobsterBunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited April 2022

I fall asleep easily but wake up in the middle of the night and more often than not used to have a hard time falling back asleep for an hour or more. I've had good luck using guided sleep meditations on the insight timer app. They don't always work but a lot of the time do and they also have taught me how to relax myself in the middle of the night.

It kind of comes on stronger at times more than others and if I want to cheat a bit, taking an ibuprofen when I get up seems to help settle the nervous energy enough to allow the mind to relax into sleep again.

Shoshin1