Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Flower Bouquet Meditations?

I have a beautiful bouquet of flowers slowly withering on my dining room table. I was observing how even in its transforming withered state it is still very beautiful to behold. I thought about how this might apply to other things I may not yet be ready to let go or let transform and wondered if there are any meditations or guidance in facilitating the letting go and allowance of transformation in a similar fashion?

BunksShoshin1Jeroen

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

what you are doing @FleaMarket Is contemplation

There are many ways to contemplate in vajrayana. For example practitioners may have an image for inspiration or may look for a conceivable manifestation of impermanence to develop understanding … such as the stages of a bouquets brief existence.

Here is the sand mandala, made and destroyed.

FleaMarket
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I used to have a habit of only very seldom buying new flowers, and I would let the old flowers stand on the mantelpiece and wither. My mother used to call it my ‘dried flower display’. But I don’t know if it is such a bad thing, after all buying flowers also strains the agricultural system and it costs money.

Bunks