Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Unlocking the Secrets of "Om Mani Padme Hung"

Some may find this short video of interest and helpful...
Ringu Tulku ...Unlocking the Secrets of Om Mani Padme Hum

What we seek we are .....The Jewel is (already) in the Lotus

lobster

Comments

• Well, I've always been intrigued by June Campbell's theory, that Om Mani Padma Hum originally, before Buddhism came to Tibet, was a prayer to the Great Goddess, bracketed by the two sacred words "Om" and "hum" (or "Hung" in Tibetan), as is the custom. I don't know what her source/s is/were for that idea, but she proposed it in her first Traveler In Space book.

It's certainly possible that after Buddhism came to Tibet, the scholars and monks propagating the new religion devised a substitute meaning for the prayer, as they did for other forms of Goddess worship. But I'm curious as to how June came by any information as to the Goddess' name.

Shoshin1
  • I can't say that I've heard of June Campbell, however I've just read some reviews on her book and from what I gather (from reading the reviews) her theory is somewhat controversial ...

Over the years I have read a number of takes on what "The Jewel is in the Lotus" means...The one which seemed to make the most sense for me, is "What one seeks one already is" ...
    All the wholesome qualities which one is trying to obtain, to have/become/express, one already has, locked within...

The mantra for me is just a reminder of what we already have within and we just need to open up and let it all hung hang out...so to speak...

lobster
  • What one seeks one already is!

Holy sugar plum fairies. Exactly so! ONE already is, what one seeks!
    I knew it was simple.

In essence, stated so many ways. Realised it becomes, or rather we become the lotus jewel.

It is a flowering and also a crystallisation of our being … <3

AUM MANI PEME HUM HRI

(I prefer PEME to PADMI, AUM to OM and HRI as an addition, pronounced REE and meaning ‘make it so’ as used by Captain Luc Picard to ‘Engage’ …) 🪷🌞🖖

IdleChaterShoshin1
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

I really enjoyed this short video. Having done my Avolekiteshvara Empowerment not too long ago, it was really meaningful. Thanks for sharing 🙏🏻

Shoshin1