Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Short exercise for the morning

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran
edited November 2023 in General Banter

I came across this satsang video with Mooji this morning. In it he describes an exercise of sitting with “just Being” — ignoring the mind and focussing on just Being. I really connected with it and found it wonderful. Very gentle, very beautiful.

Shoshin1lobster

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Like Mooji says, if you feel something here, stay with it — this exercise is like a seed that if planted today, will result in a tree which will bear fruit today.

I ended up doing this exercise a few more times, in a few different positions, with slightly different results, but on the whole very positive. The idea of “focussing on the sense of being” is quite powerful for me, I feel a lot of tactile scar stuff leftover from hypnagogic experiences starting to vanish.

I think I will try doing this exercise regularly for a while.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I had a very interesting waking experience just now, which was quite unique to me. It was like my consciousness was drawn up in a tower-like beam, going straight up, in an environment that was otherwise empty. It was refreshing and liberating.

Usually my waking moments are filled with comments of voices from deep within my mind, this time it was all entirely quiet. I think it has to do with this “sense of being” exercise, which I’ve now done 6 or 7 times in a few days.

Shoshin1lobster