Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Lhasa Riots

13»

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Thanks, Kind Pilgrim, for those elucidating thoughts. You got the man to post a conspicuous "made in China" sign by his goods?

Hurrah!

All the politicians are sold out to mega-mart-like entities.

Kudos, SimonthePilgrim!

Fondly,

Your student,

Nirvy
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2008
    I should like to share a painting done by one of my young friends, Ry Gerbrands:

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2008
    Now that - is some cool pic.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Instantly recognizable. :)
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited May 2008
    As far as the Karmic seeds goes, that cuts both ways. I can't think of many things that would piss me off more than going after truly innocent people for no other reason than I need information. I don't like that when something happens in Iraq, we have to kick in the doors of half the town to find out who did it. Especially when shots are fired, and the gunman keeps moving. Get the information as to where the weapons are, and who is funding terrorist attacks, and cut the whole thing off at the source. All other feasible methods should be exhausted first, then you resort to methods that are bad karma. And I'm not going to make a hypocritical statement about making someone who isn't a Buddhist do it, so the bad karma is theirs. If I as a military leader make the decision that torture is a necessary form of interrogation, I do it myself and I deal with the karmic consequences. Let the leaders do it, so at least they understand what the decision is, and they will be more reserved in making that decision.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Let the leaders do it, so at least they understand what the decision is, and they will be more reserved in making that decision.
    I SO totally agree, Bushi!
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Simon, do you think your friend could do a print of that pic. I'd love a copy of it. I love what it represents in the deeper meaning.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2008
    bushinoki wrote: »
    Simon, do you think your friend could do a print of that pic. I'd love a copy of it. I love what it represents in the deeper meaning.

I shall ask him and let you know.