Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A thread about threads that thread onto another thread and thus go off-thread...!

13»

Comments

• edited February 2008
    federica wrote: »
    Horace Poem

They ate it – that's what haggis is.

Which is why you have to be Scottish to really appreciate it .... they still eat their own young up there! :grin:
  • edited February 2008
    Is this as gross as haggis?

thumb_jimmy_dean_pancake_sausage_chocolate_chip_736804.jpgthumb_jimmy_dean_pancake_sausage_chocolate_chip_736804.jpg
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2008
    No.
    I've eaten something similar. Actually, they're not bad....it's a mix of the sweet and savoury, like pork and apple sauce, or turkey and cranberries...

I've eaten far grosser things....
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    OMG, Fede!! You have?? 'Cuz that chocolate chip sausage thing is...oh, there aren't any words....
  • edited February 2008
    Go to Glasgow and ask for a deep-fried, batter covered Mars bar (like a Hershey bar) .... it's an experience!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2008
    On second thoughts - don't!! :lol::lol:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Doesn't everyone talk to trees? I know each tree individually on my walks. They each have their own voice and their own temperament - even horticulturalists and arborists talk about a plant or tree's "habit".

My own time with 'Pagans' grew out of my growing sense that sentience is a product of life rather than anything separate, and that life manifests throughout the universe.

But my conversations with stones and hills are very, very, v-e-r-y slow.
  • edited February 2008
    Well I've just got in from planting out some pansies, chatting away to each one, hoping they'll like it in my garden, wishing them well, telling them to put their wee roots down and feel at home, like you do ..... but from the looks of my neighbours, no, I suppose most people DON'T talk to trees and plants.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Anyone have any chocolate chicken pot pie?

Palzang
    edited February 2008
    Is that a question - or an offer? :tongue2:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Sure...

Palzang
    edited February 2008
    That's what I thought. :grin:
  • edited March 2008
    Whoa, check out this guy's origami! http://www.langorigami.com/index.php4

night_hunter.jpgscaled_koi.jpg

ibex.jpgguitarist.jpg
    I'm in awe.
  • edited March 2008
    Oh isn't that lovely - he must be a black belt fourth dan in origami
  • edited April 2008
    Video of a cute cat playing a Theremin. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ONJfp95yoE
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Gotta go back to the food thing. Eat nothing but MREs for a week and then tell me what does and doesn't sound good as food.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited April 2008
    bushinoki wrote: »
    Gotta go back to the food thing. Eat nothing but MREs for a week and then tell me what does and doesn't sound good as food.

When Napoleon said that the army marches on its stomach, he knew of what he spoke. I read a study of deaths in war some time ago which maintained (and showed) that, before 'mechanised' warfare introduced industrial scale to slaughter, diarrhoea accounted for more soldiers than enemy action!

So, perhaps, MREs have managed to reduce those deaths, although I would have thought that an army crippled by constipation would be just as bad.
  • edited April 2008
    Aww, but I wanna talk about cats!

Bushinoki, I recently read (probably in New York Times) that the US Army was totally re-engineering their MREs. Is that true, and are they any better now?
    edited April 2008
    They are constantly changing MREs around, and whether they are good or not just depends on what kind of goodies they throw in. When I was in basic, I looked forward to MREs, because we got all kinds of candy bars and such with them. Not too long ago, we were getting MREs with crappy goodies, basically just MRE type stuff that had fruit and such. MREs will always cause some level of constipation, because of the level of preservatives and all the vitamin fortification. However, getting a bag of M&Ms with your meal helps tremendously.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited April 2008
    bushinoki wrote: »

AW,

but how's the water taste, then?

How about chocolate with teeny bits of onion? Heard it's awesome.
    edited April 2008
    Nirvana, so long as it unconstipates me after a field problem.
  • edited April 2008
    Constipated? Constipated? Bushi my darling you don't know the half - I found myself out on exercise with a bunch of blokes, a terrible case of runny bum and not a bush or even blade of grass to hide behind. You wouldn't think a fat lady could waddle that far, that fast in your life! :cool:
    edited April 2008
    been there too. Had the runs so bad on a FTX that at one point I hung my bum out the APC and left a trail of liquid feces running behind us. We reached the point of contact, wherein I ended up threatening to defecate all over the next person that tried to drag me in while I as sick. The funniest part is, when the OC asked if I would try such a thing in combat, I answered "I probably would S*** all over some insurgent if he tried to shoot me while I was sick".
  • edited April 2008
    Totally off thread ............ so on thread really in this thread :lol:

Sorry I haven't been around much lately gang - the Old Feller has disappeared off to the UK for a few days and I am on my own - for the first time since my diagnosis and treatment which is OK but not 100% comfortable.

Plus I am doing a lot of healing and practical help with a family in the village so one way and the other I am not very communicative.

Still love you all to bits - fuzzy Bear
  • edited April 2008
    :cheer:

Happy 1000th post, Knitwitch! :lol:
    edited April 2008
    There's sumthin about pounding 1000 posts through a witch that I find very, very disturbin'.
  • edited April 2008
    Ooooooo thank you both - hadn't noticed that!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    When I first read jacx's post I thought it said happy 1000th birthday! Then I thought, wow, she really is a witch, a good one!

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Lol!!!
    edited July 2009
    THis is one reason, I love this site... I've just been browsing through and found very few threads that actually completely stick to the original thread topic.... and I personally think that's fine... I mean to say, how many discussions do you start in a group situation where when you're chatting away, you stick to one topic and one topic only? maybe in a business management or committee meeting... but just in a social situation? you see my point, yes?

Bravo, Fede! -Even if this was the first post in this naughty thread. :cool:;):lol:

OFF TOPIC? I thought it was just changing channels.

If some folks can't toe the line, I think they should be allowed to rub it out. (The line is just drawn with chalk, isn't it? )
    edited September 2009
    BaileyD wrote: »
    Wait, what? You put ice in your beer? :lol:
    I know.
    Americans, huh?
    Their beer's already that close to water, and they go and dilute it.....:rolleyes: :lol:

Tell it like it is!

Why can't people just drink less and not mess with perfection?
  • edited October 2009
    I hate American coffee. I'm American. Once I told my hubby (who's as American as apple pie) that he was an American coffee drinker and he was insulted. WUT?
    edited October 2009
    I have learnt to make the absolutely perfect cappuccino.
    My froth is exactly a third-of-a-cup thick, and tastes like whipped cream.
    When you see your froth clinging to the upper lips of serious businessmen, you know you've arrived....

At least when I die, I know I truly achieved something great......
  • edited October 2009
    Federica you absolutely rock!

DO NOT, I say never EVER put non-fat or even 2% lowfat milk in my espresso or caffe. I will have a cow!
    edited October 2009
    AND -

And....

*drum roll*

I can get a froth on Soya Milk!!!!

Ker-Chang!!
  • edited October 2009
    mmm... soy.. hope it's full strength.

However, I do like to use plain non-fat soy milk on my cereal. Blueberry/pomegranate clusters and flakes... yummers..
    edited October 2009
    Yeh, I don't mind soya milk, in the right place. Tried a coffee, and frankly, it was palatable, at most.
    But I do like it on my 'cheerios'.... and strangely, so does my partner, who refuses to ingest anything if there's any remote chance it might possibly actually be healthy......:D
  • dantepwdantepw Veteran

This thread is 10 years old

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

It's rainin' here again, bleedin' English "summer"....

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

What in the NB is this dig up about? :confused:

Oh guys, please...... Insert ROLLEYES emoticon!

This discussion has been closed.