Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Fastest way to reach the timeless dimension?

edited December 2010 in Philosophy
What is the fastest way to reach the timeless dimension or a state of being and presence? What ever you want to call it.
I think it would be using death meditation. what do you all think is the fastest way or most effective way?

Comments

• patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited November 2010
    What is the fastest way to reach the timeless dimension or a state of being and presence? What ever you want to call it.
    I think it would be using death meditation. what do you all think is the fastest way or most effective way?
    just be.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited November 2010
    What's your hurry?
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited November 2010
    all jokes aside, I personally think it is breath meditation, going through the jhanas.
    Or Vipassana, the 16 nanas.
    Or actual freedom.
    Or yoga.
    Or Kundalini.
    or...

Hard to tell as one can only have one path; no one can realize enlightenment with one path, then go back to the original situation and follow another path and compare the two.
    you have to find the path and techniques that work best for you.
  • edited November 2010
    agreed. and take your time. If you truly want to end suffering than first learn to realize neither good nor bad exist, that things just are the way they are.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Notice that time is thinking. the past and future and present are dependently originated. They have meaning in relation to eachother.

In terms of thinking the past and future happen now. Since the past and future are illusory in that they happen now that follows that 'the present' is illusory as well.

So that is the timeless dimension and you are already in it.
  • edited November 2010
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    Notice that time is thinking. the past and future and present are dependently originated. They have meaning in relation to eachother.

In terms of thinking the past and future happen now. Since the past and future are illusory in that they happen now that follows that 'the present' is illusory as well.

So that is the timeless dimension and you are already in it.

This is very well put and just deserves repeating for emphasis.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010

I think it depends on the individual since everyone has different karma to overcome.
    Mountains wrote: »
    What's your hurry?

Death is coming, possibly tomorrow! :)
  • edited November 2010
    I just jump in my TARDIS and zip I am there
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Sit down and find out.
  • edited November 2010
    All things are unborn. Existence IS the timeless dimension, because it is unborn. Worth pointing out.
  • edited November 2010

There's actually a step-by-step manual for this. I'll warn you however, no matter how good your intentions may be or how energetically you may practice, it is the hardest thing that any being can achieve. It is the greatest achievement. The manual you seek is the Visuddhimagga - The Path of Purification.

It is freely available online for download and you may even find organisations that will freely post out a printed version.

Good luck and tread wisely.
  • edited November 2010
    (heeyyy chitown, alright!)

if you believe in astral projection and the planes, stop believing and you'll find the timeless dimension.

and remember, this stuff is extremely difficult :eek:
  • edited November 2010
    Concentration on the destruction of defilements. The highest meditative absorption is experiencing the bliss of nirvana which appears as an illuminating light within the mind. Once you experience this bliss, you can gradually work towards making your entire being perfect by eliminating all defilements.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Pay attention and take responsibility.
  • edited November 2010
    Ask the question, "Who am I?"
  • finding0finding0 Veteran
    edited December 2010
    dmt is by far the fastest way
  • edited December 2010
    finding0 wrote: »
    dmt is by far the fastest way

:lol: I suppose this is true. :D
  • finding0finding0 Veteran
    edited December 2010
    the journey I also agree with you post. Time is an illusion. I guess I should rephrase and say dmt is the fastest way to become aware of timelessness
  • edited December 2010
    This is it: you have an experience which resolves into a feeling. Let's say you are going into the woods in the dark, and you're afraid. How do you deal with fear? By superstition!

Fear is not a property of self by nature, but in its natural state it contradicts the self by being aware, where self is just gambling. So the gasmbler reigns by putting the perception on ice, as a thing one feels inside oneself.

And if the fear is not yours, it is the woods that is afraid of you. And you speak 'woods'; it's called laughter.
  • xabirxabir Veteran
    edited December 2010
    karmadorje wrote: »
    Ask the question, "Who am I?"
    Agreed. Self-inquiry is in my personal experience the direct path to self-realization (though there are further insights to be 'unfolded' even after this). There are more gradual methods, but this is the direct way.

I'll take this opportunity to mention my (free for download) e-journal/e-book.

My e-book/e-journal

Posted by: An Eternal Now

Here's a link to my e-book/e-journal, which isn't just a 'journal' but contains some pointers (including the practice of self-inquiry and the method of contemplation that leads to non-dual and anatta insights). Hopefully it will be helpful to readers out there. If you find it helpful, pass the link along to a friend :-)

http://www.box.net/shared/3verpiao63

whoamicover.png

Excerpt:

Preface & Synopsis

I have compiled some of my recent posts (slightly edited) on Self-Knowledge based on my recent insights and experiences into a .docx file for keeping but later also shared it with others. I will continue to update this document. I would also like to thank my friend Michael Zaurov for helping me in the editing of this document.

This document contains journal entries of my insights and experiences. In short, I have progressed from the direct realization of I AMness, to the refinement of the I AM insight through the four aspects: 1) the aspect of impersonality, 2) the aspect of the degree of luminosity, 3) the aspect of dissolving the need to re-confirm and abide in I AMness and understanding why such a need is irrelevant, 4) the aspect of experiencing effortlessness, followed by the arising insights of non-duality, and then penetrating into the insight of Anatta, all within a short year. Readers may be confused and surprised to see a sharp progression of my view and insights and great difference in content depending on the date the post/article is written, as they read through my writings in this document. In a way, my path is very similar to the path followed by Thusness - Thusness/PasserBy's Seven Stages of Enlightenment and everyone should read his article to have a better understanding of the progression of insight (however note that there is no fixed linear path of progression and each person may differ somewhat). However, I cannot say I have finished my path as of yet – my insights continue to be refined and by documenting them I hope there are useful pointers to all sincere practitioners out there. Feel free to discuss any related issues with me whether by e-mail or forum discussions.

That said – it is simply a guide based on my experience for reference, don’t make it into a bible of sorts. Please don’t just read blindly but investigate yourself to find out what is true in your own experience, for sufferings will never be resolved by an intellectual pursuit. The investigation into the nature of experience must be undertaken very seriously with a deep desire to find out what exactly is the truth of your Being (not just going through the motions of reading them without contemplation), in order for there to be any success and results.

(continued in the document...)

Labels: Anatta, I AMness, Luminosity, Non Dual, Stages of Enlightenment 0 comments | |

#
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks you all for you responses. I didn't think that this thread would last that long. I guess everyone wants the fastest way.
  • Ok, I'm going to guess what you mean by the timeless dimension and answer based on that guess.

Stay in the present moment. Never leave the present moment. If you can do this, you will live in a timeless forever - not past, no future, only the present moment. It's amazing how time becomes "infinite" when you limit awareness only to the present moment.
  • What sees the present moment? dullness creeps in but where is the boundary line? Ic nothing draft bell silent. Looks like gone. I wonder.
  • All ways in Buddhism achieved instantaneous & spontaneous luminosity of emptiness.
  • Don't really understand what this timeless dimension is; so, am wondering if it would a nice place to be in and if reaching there is as important as the journey one makes.
  • Fastest way to reach the timeless dimension?

Do you really wanna know :D
  • Stargate.
  • The more want to "reach it" the further away you will be away from "it".
  • Its not about throwing away calenders and clocks. But if you examine both you see they are conventions to coordinate human activities. So there is time. And you don't live forever. I don't mean to be flowery. Or bleak. Apparent time can arouse us, or make us despair. When you see that your thoughts are just thoughts you will have spaces where something can happen. That comes from the timeless dimension because your thinking is not bound up in expectations. You know even when the forum is dull to you maybe you break and see that its time for something else. That might be a chicken with its head off running around. But you can just stay and slow down. there are multiple worlds you are in. I was just irritated this morning but it didn't last forever. It seemed to have a duration measurable by time. See how I'm trying to wrap this up but I'm failing. Thats because I am stuck to my story. When the clock breaks time stops, no not really but when you realize its unplugged. Wham! Bye.