Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

After Bob Marley

zenffzenff Veteran
edited March 2011 in General Banter
After Bob Marley died, has there ever been made any relevant music?
I mean any music about liberation and peace and love and marihuana? :p

What do you think of playing for change?
http://playingforchange.com/

Comments

• If this tour comes to my neck of the woods,

"I'll be there, man."
  • I thoroughly enjoyed the video for the Redemption Song, one of my favorite of all time songs on your link, showing people from all cultures compiling that song. It brought tears to my eyes, SO moving! Thank you for sharing that link.

You can keep the pot, but I'm all for music about liberation and peace and love.

And no, to answer your question, I don't know of any similar and relevant music, but I'll be keeping my eye on this thread in case anyone else knows of any.

• ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Jungle, a lot of jungle back in the early 90's was about peace, love, unity and getting twated on ecstasy. It wasn't reggae but it had a similar vibe. Jungle as a gebre has nearly died out and transformed into drum and bass, I still prefer the oldskool jungle :p

here is one song that comes to mind
    Give it a minute for the intro and the vocals to begin. And here is another

• Michael Franti.

If you haven't heard of him besides his latest pop songs check him out. Buy the album Stay Human.
    Most of his songs are about peace and love he is a very inspirational person/ artist.

:rockon: