Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Welcome to the End of the World

Much the same?
Surprised?
Ready for the day? Ready for death every day?
Isn't there a yogacara teaching that the world is destroyed and created in each moment of Maras Mayan Mayhem?

Comments

• Wasn't it supposed to be Dec. 22? idk, I wasn't paying attention, lol!
  • T-minus 40 minutes where I'm at! You guys are just in the future.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2012
    how said:

Dam, is it time zone by time zone or do we have to sinc to Mayan time?

lol! This is a good question. Let's see...Mayan time is about the same as Eastern Standard Time, IIRC. So that means the time has come and gone already. You missed it!

:D

• Macbeth:
    To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.
    zombiegirl
  • Taking different time zones out of the equation, the solstice occurs at 11:11AM UCT on Dec 21 - if that is at all relevant to the End of the World
  • charirama said:

Taking different time zones out of the equation, the solstice occurs at 11:11AM UCT on Dec 21 - if that is at all relevant to the End of the World

Awesome, I'll be asleep! Haha.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2012
    REM end of the world as we know it..

• how said:

First the rapture and now I've missed the end of the world.
    Well at least this time I had no life savings left to throw on the hookers & blow.
    Baby steps, baby steps.

Dangit, well, better luck next time. Reminds me of that song 2 hookers and a 8 ball. When's the next rapture supposed to be?
  • Rapture, blondie

Cole_RainbowTaraTosh
  • the myans who predicted this dooms day if you will didn't account for leap years so that kind of confuses me on the actual date it is 'supposed to end'

Much Love
  • Jeffrey said:

Macbeth:

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

Now that's my man !

From the same sublime pen..,

" Golden lads and girls
    all must,
    like chimney sweepers,
    come to dust. "
  • According to scribes and the internet, the world will end at 0611 hrs, today. :coffee:
  • Here in the UK its scheduled for 11.11 am...I'll let you know if I am still here...about half an hour to go...
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    Citta said:

Here in the UK its scheduled for 11.11 am...I'll let you know if I am still here...about half an hour to go...

Ooh, how exciting!

:p
    Niwalen
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited December 2012
    Ta dah ! Still here...

A prediction of my own..the true Mayan believers will say that
    They got the date wrong or..
    They got the year wrong or..
    It was prevented by them or..
    it happened but at a subtle level only perceptible to highly advanded " mystics " like them.

There is a dark side to all this.
    In Argentina for example the authorities have had to close various public venues ( including mountain tops ) because of apparently serious attempts to organise mass suicides.
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited December 2012
    The day has just begun friends! and it's a heavy rainstorm near me.. the Mayans lived in my time zone so get ready!

and yes right now in New Zealand its the 22nd :P

and also btw.. the Mayans never made a prediction that the end of the world comes today..

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/20/167626648/maya-expert-the-end-of-times-is-our-idea-not-the-ancients

what we DO know.. if you study Astronomy at all.. is that the universe has thousands of ways that could destroy us and the planet at any time. Which is a good reason to be mindful and practice diligently until your death :P
    Jeffrey
  • Some posted this on Facebook . I thought it was interesting.

MaryAnnexkronixJeffreyNiwalen
  • Of course...when I referred to the true Mayan believers I did not mean the actual Mayans who have distanced themselves from this BS all along.
    vinlyn
  • GuiGui Veteran
    The world ends now.
    The world begins now.
    Bunks
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    Apocalypse: "(Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apocálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω meaning 'un-covering'), translated literally from Greek, is a disclosure of knowledge, hidden from humanity in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e., a lifting of the veil or revelation"

Apocalypse would be a good thing!
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited December 2012
    Wisdom23 said:

the myans who predicted this dooms day if you will didn't account for leap years so that kind of confuses me on the actual date it is 'supposed to end'

Much Love

What? No offence but this argument is getting old. Did you get your info from a poster on Facebook?

The Mayans made their calendar long before Ceasar made his inferior Gregorian one. The two calendars were not compared until the Mayans were invaded and whoever aligned them DID INDEED take leap years into account.

Leap years were designed to fix the problem in the Gregorian calendar but the Mayans were much more accurate and had no need of that kind of corrective measure.

If they were predicting the end of the world then this is the 14th end to the world...

Come on folks!

The Mayan calendar ends today just like ours ends December 31st.

They tracked time in Baktuns which is a period of 144, 000 days instead of ours that counts by years which is a period of 365 days.

This is the mark of the beginning of the 14th Baktun.

It has nothing to do with the end of the world and it never did.

It is the mark of a new age.

May we get over our growing pains and work together for the common good.

HAPPY NEW BAKTUN!

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited December 2012
    JohnG said:

According to scribes and the internet, the world will end at 0611 hrs, today. :coffee:

Those scribes have no idea. They get their information from people that misinterpreted everything so it could fit in with their dogma and world view.

MaryAnne
  • Rats! I guess my great and sacred day will come unexpectedly like a thief in the night.
  • Actually, if the end of the world comes for us like it did the Mayans, we're about to be visited by strange looking people from beyond the known world, who have weapons and technology beyond anything we've seen, and who demand all our gold and silver.

Then the people who don't die of alien diseases are enslaved and forced to work in gold mines and forced to worship alien gods.

Now THAT is an end of the world!
    edited December 2012
    Cinorjer said:

Actually, if the end of the world comes for us like it did the Mayans, we're about to be visited by strange looking people from beyond the known world, who have weapons and technology beyond anything we've seen, and who demand all our gold and silver.

Then the people who don't die of alien diseases are enslaved and forced to work in gold mines and forced to worship alien gods.

Now THAT is an end of the world!

Some will be left alive if this is the case.

Or did you think the Mayans were all killed?

:lol:

Sorry but I find this whole business about Mayans predicting the end of the world to be annoying.

Especially the leap year argument.

It's all due to ignorance.

But don't take my word for it. Ask the Mayan elders what they think.
  • No, I know there are still Mayans out there. But "end of the world" might not have to be taken literally. It was the end of the Mayan world.
  • I think it was just all a more metaphorical "end of the world" as we know it, because in astrology we are now ushering in the age of Aquarius. This will be a time of rebirth and renewal for the world and a shift in our thinking. So the old world is dying, and a new one is started to be reborn. It's all good. :)
  • Well, it snowed a little bit here, and anyone stuck on I-75N to Cincinnati when the White Death is falling from the sky (and it doesn't take much), could feel like it's the end of the world, lol. Now if I walk outside of work today and there are zombies staggering around...
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Yay!:) I'm ready!
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Wisdom23 said:

the myans who predicted this dooms day if you will didn't account for leap years so that kind of confuses me on the actual date it is 'supposed to end'

Much Love

I hear that it already happened? 2010 is 2012? lol!
  • Wisdom23 said:

Much Love

The Leap Year is just something people made up to fit the Roman Calendar.

The Mayans Calendars were more in tune with the actual cycles of the Universe and did not need to be "adjusted" every four years.
    BhikkhuJayasaraDavid
    There was an item on UK TV news showing a winter solstice celebration at Stonehenge, with this cool old-hippy Druid guy called "Arthur Pendragon" :D
  • There was an item on UK TV news showing a winter solstice celebration at Stonehenge, with this cool old-hippy Druid guy called "Arthur Pendragon" :D

Please tell me he was waving a sword around and yelling for Merlin?

I admire those cosplay folks. They took "let's play make-believe" to a whole new level.
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited December 2012
    charirama said:

Wisdom23 said:

Much Love

The Mayans Calendars were more in tune with the actual cycles of the Universe and did not need to be "adjusted" every four years.
    100% the only clock more accurate then the Mayan is the atomic clock.. these guys are the masters of the universe.

but of course we know , if you watch history channel, it's because the Mayans ARE aliens, or were visited by aliens... because some backwater Indian tribe could never be badass mathematicians :P
    David
    Jayantha said:

charirama said:

Wisdom23 said:

Much Love

100% the only clock more accurate then the Mayan is the atomic clock.. these guys are the masters of the universe.

but of course we know , if you watch history channel, it's because the Mayans ARE aliens, or were visited by aliens... because some backwater Indian tribe could never be badass mathematicians :P
    Yep, you know it. It's all about us and "them" and of course we have to be "better" than "them" even if we have to lie to the rest of us to make it so.

Cinorjer said:

There was an item on UK TV news showing a winter solstice celebration at Stonehenge, with this cool old-hippy Druid guy called "Arthur Pendragon" :D

Please tell me he was waving a sword around and yelling for Merlin?

Some of what he said was quite interesting. I don't know much about Druids but like the idea of dressing up.
    ;)
    edited December 2012
    Silouan said:

Rats! I guess my great and sacred day will come unexpectedly like a thief in the night.

Or it could drag out for a few months...

Sometimes I think Maitreya could be a state of collective being rather than just a being.

May we continue to break down the borders and work together to help ease our suffering and grow in knowledge.

I see myself in all of us. All of you.

It isn't all just energy, it's information.

We are explorers by nature so let us continue to nourish as many perspectives of the universe that we can.

Who knows?

A global awakening could be right around the corner... An avalanche waiting for the right person to yell "Hey!"

It could be you or it could be your information being shared to the right person at the right time.