Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A thread about threads that thread onto another thread and thus go off-thread...!

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited October 2009 in General Banter
THis is one reason, I love this site... I've just been browsing through and found very few threads that actually completely stick to the original thread topic.... and I personally think that's fine... I mean to say, how many discussions do you start in a group situation where when you're chatting away, you stick to one topic and one topic only? maybe in a business management or committee meeting... but just in a social situation? you see my point, yes?

Another forum I visited states that if you go off thread for more than two posts, the thread will be deleted. Natch, I stopped using that one ages ago.... The Moderator (that would be you Brian,!) on this site is tolerant, easy-going, fun and relaxed. Brian is an anangram of Brain. And what a fine one it is....!! :)

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I was watching Rocky 2 right now.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Do people think cows are friendly, or is it just their eyes?
    edited June 2005
    Old people poop on themselves.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    I know a really old woman who can skip without loss of bladder control.... :o
    edited June 2005
    I didn't say all pooped on themselves. :lol: That one made me laugh.
    edited June 2005
    ....Follwoing a thread..... quick!! Change the subject - !!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    It is 101 degrees outside right now. That's hot. :eek2:
    edited June 2005
    When I lived in Las Vegas it was around 115 to 123. That's hot!!!!!! Not 101. It is a nice cool 90something here in Porterville, CA. :)
    edited June 2005
    My little toes curl under... is this a throw-back to when I was a sloth....?
    Kundo
    edited June 2005
    yes
    edited June 2005
    oh, Poop. Aaaargh! We've come full circle - back to the oldies....!!
    edited June 2005
    Oops I crapped my pants. Saturday Night Live had a fake commercial about these. The old man in the ocmmercial wasn't worried about haveing an accident anymore with his new "oopsicrappedmypants" Diapers. LOL
    edited June 2005
    hand me my coat and knickers... this party's getting rude..... :lol:
    edited June 2005
    Okay I will stop. I felt kind of bad but the feeling passed. LOL
    edited June 2005
    okay it got hotter. This was taken on my crappy cellphone camera just a minute ago. This is the thermometer in my car :eek2:

teh_hort.jpg
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Well, I live in Georgia--the dirtay South! So. Yeah.
    :rarr:
    :rockon:
    You know, I think I'm the only person on the NB forum that uses orange. :D
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Sloths are cool.
    Why dont americans use celcius? Its winter here. 15 degrees
    edited June 2005
    Why don't Aulstralians use Fahrenheit?
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Because we are too cool for school.
    I just had to shave a mans' beard off. It was so gross. The hairs made all my hairs stand up.
    Kundo
    edited June 2005
    i like farenheit because 103 seems so much hotter than 39.5 :D
  • edited July 2005
    I just had a chance to read through this thread and I was cracking up!!!! The sloth is one of my favorite animals!

Emmak - why did you have to shave a man's beard off??? You should see my father-in-laws toenails...you want to cut those for him?

You want to talk about hot - I used to live in Phoenix and the summer's were typically around 120 degrees each day!

I have seen that SNL skit about "oops I crapped my pants" and that is so funny!
    edited July 2005
    I used to live in Las Vegas. Same temp there as in phoenix. Did you ever have one of thos summer days driving through town with no air conditioner and the air would blow into your face and it felt like a huge hair dryer?
  • edited July 2005
    LOL!!!! Are we the only two on this forum right now??? Luckily, I never had a car or house without A/C when I lived there. One day, my husband came out of his office, and his friends car had heated up so bad that the entire windshield blew out and was just laying on the hood of the car! Now that's HOT!
    edited July 2005
    That sucks. I remember when you leave the windows up and come out ot open your car and that gust of heat near about blows you off your feet. LOL
  • edited July 2005
    No kidding! I remember that feeling very well!
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Yeah I have to shave men. Their faces. I work with disabled people.
    I dont know what the conversion is, but in our north where it is hot, it can reach 50 C. Thats pretty hot. In the Kimberley region the tap water comes out warm instead of cold. It is gross. The ocean water is also warm, like swimming in pee. Not refreshing at all.
  • edited July 2005
    One time here in Portland it was sooo hot...I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.
    edited July 2005
    Inuits think minus 12° is really hot.....Hya everyone! :)
  • edited July 2005
    YogaMama wrote:
    LOL!!!! Are we the only two on this forum right now??? Luckily, I never had a car or house without A/C when I lived there. One day, my husband came out of his office, and his friends car had heated up so bad that the entire windshield blew out and was just laying on the hood of the car! Now that's HOT!

Now that is what I call hot! hot! hot! Being from Florida originally, I am used to heat but since living in Indiana from 1998 on, sometimes the heat can get to me. It is humid here in Indiana, but there are not too many days even in the summertime that get much over 90 degrees.

Adiana :):):lol::lol:
  • edited July 2005
    Here in Phila it's not too bad tonight in terms of hot, but I'll tell ya, it felt like it went from winter to summer with no springtime at all.

Speaking of springtime...

I bought this new house this year: a tiny row home with a tiny yard. So in the fall, I planted lots of flower bulbs, which I got on sale at the Lowe's -- for a dollar a bag! I was jumping up and down I was so excited when I saw them so cheep. Now, my front yard (the only non-concrete yard I have) is about 10X10 -- very tiny. I figured I'd plant a whole lot of crocus bulbs. I put about 200 of them in the lawn, about 5 inches apart. I envisioned this beautiful early spring lawn covered in little blooms. So you can imagine my surprise when I only got about 5 blooms.

Why?

Well, there aren't a whole bunch of trees in Phila but when I moved I made sure I'd be in a neighborhood flanked with tall, old growth trees. What lives in trees is squirrels. Crocus bulbs are like a buffet to squirrels.

I was initially annoyed by this, remembering my aching back after planting the 200 crocus bulbs. When Squirrely ate through by hyacinths, just about to pop into fragrant bloom, I was outraged.

But then, come summertime, I was sitting out on the front stoop and saw little Squirrelly, with his cute bushy tail, rummaging in the neighbors garbage. He found a piece of pizza and was eating it. I thought, I'll bet he'd rather have a peanut. So I went in the house and got a handful of peanuts in shells and do you know what? He actually came up and took the peanuts OUT OF HAND!

Everytime I am outside in my little garden now, out comes Squirrely, looking for his peanuts. He comes right up to me and takes his treat. He won't do this with anyone else in the neighborhood. We've bonded.

Forgiveness leads to great and wonderful gifts.
    edited July 2005
    Adiana wrote:
    Now that is what I call hot! hot! hot! Being from Florida originally, I am used to heat but since living in Indiana from 1998 on, sometimes the heat can get to me. It is humid here in Indiana, but there are not too many days even in the summertime that get much over 90 degrees.

Adiana :):):lol::lol:

90 degrees? Try 120 in the shade. I remember a friend of mine and I flew to san Diegop from Vegas one year and when we landed th epilot said "it's a warm 73 degrees". We laughed and said, "it's a good thing we brought our sweaters".
  • edited July 2005
    90 degrees? Try 120 in the shade. I remember a friend of mine and I flew to san Diegop from Vegas one year and when we landed th epilot said "it's a warm 73 degrees". We laughed and said, "it's a good thing we brought our sweaters".

Hi Comic!

Yeah, I know! People here in Indiana think that 90 degrees is very hot. Believe me, it isn't! I have experienced a lot hotter than that. It does not get that hot in Indiana but since I have lived here for some time now that I think that I am getting accustomed to the climate and I am starting to react to the changes in weather as any native-born Hoosier would. Here, it if gets over 85, people think that it is a hot summer in Indiana! LOL! In reality, it does not get much over 80 degrees! I used to work in a foundry here and 120 in the shade was considered a plus! LOL! I don't know how the people who worked in the Casting and Melt department could handle it---it was usually an average of 150 degrees plus in those respective departments! YIKES!

Adiana :):):):lol::lol::lol:
    edited July 2005
    After living almost 11 years in Vegas I have decided the cooler the climate, the better. :bigclap:
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    Bananas are considered a phallic symbol and were first mentioned in BUDDHIST texts approx 600BC. Wow.
    edited August 2005
    Ginger is an aphrodisiac. So are oysters. So is rhinoceros urine.

But raisins aren't.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    Where can I find a rhino?
    edited August 2005
    Our local hypermarket stocks them, but they're always fresh out by friday afternoons....
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2005
    But I.m sure, Fede., that you can find a Mammoth!
    edited August 2005
    Mammoths are only ever available on high days and holidays, only ever come in jumbo packs, and are never fresh, only deep frozen. Oh, for a slice of fresh mammoth in August!!
    Hya Simon, how's your belly off for pimples?!
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    Do other people know what a mullet hairstyle is? I saw an emoticon of one. I thought it was an Aussie thing...
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    :mullet: :mullet: :mullet: :mullet: :mullet: :mullet: :mullet:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2005
    www.mulletsgalore.com

Not for the faint of heart.

-bf
  • edited August 2005
    Oh no, emmak...Mullets are Worldwide!!! Before I met my husband, I was engaged to a man who's last name was "Mullet". I didn't marry him because I didn't want that to be my last name. Just teasing....I didn't marry him because I met my husband!!! :)
    Kundo
  • edited August 2005
    buddhafoot - I clicked on that link and it did something really weird to my computer!
    edited August 2005
    .... ditto....!!
    edited August 2005
    YogaMama wrote:
    buddhafoot - I clicked on that link and it did something really weird to my computer!

Odd... I checked the site before I posted this.
    I just checked this site with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Same as usual - just pulled up the site where they have hundreds of pictures of people with mullets.

What "weird" thing happened?

-bf
    edited August 2005
    For my part, I just got a totally blank screen, and something that refused to download....
    Shall try again....
    edited August 2005
    It's no big deal really - quite sophomoric actually....

-bf
    edited August 2005
    Tried it again. it worked. Buddhafoot, you're right. it is.... whottabunch of slapheads....*LOL!!*
  • edited August 2005
    when I clicked on it, I got a blank page and then it froze up my computer. I kept trying to close the window and nothing worked - not even doing an "end task" on it. It was weird.
This discussion has been closed.