Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Candy Crush Saga....

MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
edited April 2013 in General Banter
.... has pulled me into the Dark Side.......

Comments

• When you look at the dark side, careful you must be ... for the dark side looks back.
    --YODA, Dark Rendezvous
    ThailandTomMaryAnneLucy_Begood
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    lol, my niece had me help her get past a level her and my sister had been stuck on for a while this past weekend. I liked the limited number of moves aspect to it.
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    It only gets better the more you play it! It adds new problems and new game types the further you advance through the episodes. I'm at level 169 at the moment and think there's about 300 in total. Always enjoyed Bejeweled Blitz in the past and was good at that so it kind of follows on from that.
    MaryAnne
  • I have never heard of this, so i went through thinking MaryAnne had gotten a terribly sweet tooth, to it being some trashy TV show and then I find out it is a game. I guess it is no issues unless it becomes an attachment and gets in the way of your practice, monks and nuns use computers but they often do not cling to them, they are merely a tool. I really do not know why, but for a long while now I have gradually gotten less interested in things, in before people suggest depression because it isn't that. I rarely listen to music, my TV is turned off 95% of the time, I don't play games online anymore, I watch youtube sometimes but that us mostly factual stuff. I am finding a disenchantment to things :-/ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    I refuse to play this game. My fb feed is full of people complaining about this level or that level. I have enough games already occupying my life... Lol.
    ThailandTomMaryAnnepaige
  • I am finding a disenchantment to things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ah the Buddha game . . . I'm game.
    How do we get to level One?

. . . as for games, exciting, stimulating and ultimately useless . . .

Still we are all human . . . nearly . . .
    I am looking forward to project glass
    http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/what-gaming-google-glasses-might-look-718787
    and the 'World of Boddhisattvah', using HUD and face recognition to get smiles out of people . . . responding to service calls from needy sangha (extra points) and generally doing good without restraint . . . come to think of it . . .

Game on! :clap:
    MaryAnne
  • I originally started playing Candy Crush a while ago.
    Pretty much whizzed through the first 6-8 levels and I thought
    "Hmmm... not very challenging, not interesting enough to keep me going. Besides it IS similar to Bejeweled Blitz, etc" So I forgot about it for 2-3 weeks.

Then my daughter and almost-son-in-law (who live with us temporarily) became obsessed with it. I heard groaning, and whining, competing and cursing for hours on end when they had time off from work and were on their iPads at home... My other daughter started complaining and boasting on FB about her adventures in Candy Crush as well.
    I couldn't believe they were carrying on about that "Dumb game".

They assured me that as you go along, the levels get extremely difficult, and more complex than the early levels. The early levels hook you in.... the harder levels drive you MAD. So I started playing again and I'm HOOKED. And I passed my daughter and son-in-law by about 8-10 levels now too!

Yes, FB is filled with candy crush achievement boasts, as well as a lot of crying and complaining about how hard it is!! But we still play!!

@Lee82 WOW I'm impressed, -- level 169! My older daughter is in your level area.
    I'm currently on level 81.

• @Lobster

That ingaming /google glasses looks REALLY cool. Honestly, the graphic violence is a bit much - for me personally- but the overall concept is fantastic!
  • I have never heard of this, so i went through thinking MaryAnne had gotten a terribly sweet tooth, to it being some trashy TV show and then I find out it is a game. I guess it is no issues unless it becomes an attachment and gets in the way of your practice, monks and nuns use computers but they often do not cling to them, they are merely a tool. I really do not know why, but for a long while now I have gradually gotten less interested in things, in before people suggest depression because it isn't that. I rarely listen to music, my TV is turned off 95% of the time, I don't play games online anymore, I watch youtube sometimes but that us mostly factual stuff. I am finding a disenchantment to things :-/ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@ThailandTom

Well darlin' - I'm retired. I have plenty of time every day for whatever activities strike my fancy. Once the weather warms a bit more I will be doing more outside and/or away from home, but right now, there are no real demands on my indoor time.
    My house is cleaned daily, my laundry is done, my bed is made, my pets (and family) are taken care of.... the rest of the time is for ME.

Ahhhh life is GOOD! :D
  • MaryAnne said:

I have never heard of this, so i went through thinking MaryAnne had gotten a terribly sweet tooth, to it being some trashy TV show and then I find out it is a game. I guess it is no issues unless it becomes an attachment and gets in the way of your practice, monks and nuns use computers but they often do not cling to them, they are merely a tool. I really do not know why, but for a long while now I have gradually gotten less interested in things, in before people suggest depression because it isn't that. I rarely listen to music, my TV is turned off 95% of the time, I don't play games online anymore, I watch youtube sometimes but that us mostly factual stuff. I am finding a disenchantment to things :-/ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@ThailandTom

Well darlin' - I'm retired. I have plenty of time every day for whatever activities strike my fancy. Once the weather warms a bit more I will be doing more outside and/or away from home, but right now, there are no real demands on my indoor time.
    My house is cleaned daily, my laundry is done, my bed is made, my pets (and family) are taken care of.... the rest of the time is for ME.

Ahhhh life is GOOD! :D
    Sounds good :) I was not knocking anything by the way, I was just saying as long as the game does not become an addiction of sorts, then it is no issue. I just got the impression it was a problem of sorts because of the 'pulled to the darkside' hehe. Monotone internet causes misunderstandings once again!

I work from home and have a pretty simple life and little to worry about at the moment too, I have started to get psoriasis on 3 of my fingernails which I have never had before and I have had psoriasis for at least 6-7 years now. Owel, 6-7 years ago I would have freaked out, now I just see it for what it is and let it do whatever it is going to do. Sorry if you got the wrong impression, I wasn't knocking the game or your life style :p
  • No worries, @ThailandTom.... no offense taken. <3
    ThailandTom
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    lobster said:

I am looking forward to project glass
    http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/what-gaming-google-glasses-might-look-718787
    and the 'World of Boddhisattvah', using HUD and face recognition to get smiles out of people . . . responding to service calls from needy sangha (extra points) and generally doing good without restraint . . . come to think of it . . .

Game on! :clap:

Whoa, I was really disturbed by that! ...But you all know me... if it had been zombies I'd be first in line to buy them... haha.

People didn't talk about it much, but Nintendo's 3DS came with an experimental thing that allowed you to use AR(Augmented Reality) Cards in real life to create 3D games. It's more confusing to explain:

They never did much with the awesome technology though, unfortunately.
  • I did use to play candy crush, but...... spend to much time on it and fb I closed them down, and the time I was fb I now spend time on meditation :)
    lobsterpaige
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    Having been stuck on level 169 for a few days I just had a quick go and did 169 and 170 without losing a single life! It's a good game for picking up when you get a spare few minutes; not really addictive or frustrating for me as it is to many other people.