Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Retreats

2»

Comments

• jaejae Veteran
    @Citta or was it always there but it was only me that couldn't see it? (storey of my life :) )
  • I think it was @jae. :)
    jae
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Citta...doh, nevermind how are you anyway?
  • jaejae Veteran
    @moonleap....hi, thank you I'll have a look at that.
  • I just did a meditation retreat Shambhala Training Level 1: the art of being human. It was great. I am also a beginner. The meditation was grueling! Lol.. Still left feeling accomplished and having a better understanding of basic goodness. Anywho, the Shambhala center where I attend takes donations (Danas) only. That said, there is definitely still a "suggested" donation of 150 bux. But you can literally still participate weather you have 50 dollars or zero dollars. They don't turn anyone away. I paid the 150 this time and I Reeeeally want to rake level 2 next month but I don't think I can afford. Although I know it's a donation, I'd still feel embarrassed/judged for not paying the suggested amount. I know, it's my own stuff. :0/
  • Although I know it's a donation, I'd still feel embarrassed/judged for not paying the suggested amount. I know, it's my own stuff. :0/

*goes to sit on cushion*
    lobster
  • LoveWins said:

*goes to sit on cushion*

Mr Cushion thanks you for your donation of two holy buttocks. The moon shines
    It's the crack!
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120326104242AAcL208

Think of it like this: giving some the opportunity of generosity is a great blessing. This is how the sangha works. If you have money and can give double without feeling you have bought what in reality is priceless, good. No money can trade your way to enlightenment. The truth is we can all afford to go on retreat even if free. However even free is a high price for some . . .

LoveWins
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    And by the way, a short solitary retreat could be quite useful for a beginner.
    jaelobster