Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sentimental Dharma

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited February 2014 in General Banter
As we all know, The Dharmakaya lives with 'my little pony', Santa Claws and sugar and spice and all things nice . . .

Living in a sentimental world, vicariously through the immature, dharmically new age or other means is very seductive as mr cushion likes to tell me . . .

Do we have an emotional need for Baby Buddhism? So cute . . .

Comments

• I'm going to go meditate on that creature's skeleton, internal organs, and tendency to shit in inappropriate places, in order to foster nibbida for its OMG CUTENESS!
    lobsterVastmindBunksDairyLama
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    Just crazy bout dat love and light.
    Not!
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited February 2014
    Buddhism ain't for babies.
    *evil laugh* HahaHaaaaa

Meet delusions and cravings....
    po.jpg 49.2K
  • If you see the cartoon on the road kill it.
    lobster
  • Thanks guys,

My feeling is that an immersion into 'Buddha World' (not yet available as a theme park? . . . oh I dunno . . . ) is very beneficial to the average consumerist.
    Buy them books, get your practice toys, wear your earrings, Malas, smug and all knowing smile with dharma pride. Light a candle for your departed thoughts . . .
    In other words 'play' will lead to pay off . . .
    In a sense we find the dharma fakery is also surprisingly meaningful . . . and a good reminder . . .

OM MANI 'MY LILLE PEME' HOME
  • If Dharma teachers were cartoons, Trungpa Rinpoche was Foghorn Leghorn.
    'Any of this.. ah say any of this sinking in boy ? '
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    fivebells said:

I'm going to go meditate on that creature's skeleton, internal organs, and tendency to shit in inappropriate places, in order to foster nibbida for its OMG CUTENESS!

Yeah, and that horn looks like an offensive weapon...:p
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Interesting to note: One man's sappy is another man's solemn and vice versa. Of course no no one views his/her own persuasion as sappy ... which is probably a mistake.
    Vastmindlobster
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    genkaku said:

Interesting to note: One man's sappy is another man's solemn and vice versa. Of course no no one views his/her own persuasion as sappy ... which is probably a mistake.

Oh, I can well admit mine can be sappy at times... Just ask me why I believe in Santa Clause. Well, maybe in another 9 months.

• Are you....pregnant ?
    zsc
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    Just roll you eyes and let children be children. But one thing must be granted: Sappy is sappy is sappy is sappy. This is unmistakeable. @genkaku needs the Truth Squad sent his way to straighten him up on this point.

I had to sit through a kitschy 2-minute preview at the movies today. It was an overripe movie about Heaven due to be released at Easter. I survived with panache by diverting my attention from the screen and triumphed when I belatedly got to see Meryl Streep's stupendous performance in August Osage County. Oh, that story about the Christmas "present!" It broke my heart. Look, if it's on the big screen, IT'S REAL to me.

"Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth." If it ain't real it ain't really pretty, now. Is it? But some aren't interested in true reality. Another poet said, "Humankind cannot bear much reality." Humankind consists of a lot of the childish of all ages. It's the childish people who make all the demands, start all the wars, start expeditions doomed to failure, build things made to break down, and, finally, make really corny idols and dolls to venerate. The lattermost is the lesser of all these sins, and therefore I have listed it last.
    lobster
  • Humankind consists of a lot of the childish of all ages.
    Yes :(

The immature wish to be taken seriously. The hypocrites wish their hypocrisy to be applauded as sincerity and integrity . . .

Are we putting it on or taking it off? Mask that is . . .

and now back to 'the real' . . . whatever that is . . . :)
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited March 2014
    lobster said:

As we all know, The Dharmakaya lives with 'my little pony', Santa Claws and sugar and spice and all things nice . . .

Living in a sentimental world, vicariously through the immature, dharmically new age or other means is very seductive as mr cushion likes to tell me . . .

Do we have an emotional need for Baby Buddhism? So cute . . .

fivebells said:

I'm going to go meditate on that creature's skeleton, internal organs, and tendency to shit in inappropriate places, in order to foster nibbida for its OMG CUTENESS!

I wonder how it tastes....