Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Gratitude thread

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

It's been a long minute since we had a gratitude thread, right?

:)

Thanks everyone here at NB! I really enjoy having this space to
share things and to learn things..... I can only say good things about my cyber sangha.....

Gratitude to our admins and mods who keep up the house. Walls and all ...hahaha

Please share any gratitude.....

an article on gratitude... http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mindful-self-express/201111/the-seven-best-gratitude-quotes

Rodrigoanatamanlobsteryagr

Comments

• @vastmind. As an old fart I am deeply grateful for relative good health. The will and opportunity to practice Dharma. The joy of not having to be right. Just a few off the top of my head.

Vastmind
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Yeah! We should all thank those who dumped on us recently. It's just our karma coming back to bite us, anyways. Nobody to blame but ourselves, really. Heck, even the Mods deserve a break!

And an especial thanks to those "dumpees" who pleasantly stayed the course amidst all adversity.

anatamanVastmind
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

I am just grateful. Gratitude feels nice, and the benefits are very nice.

Vastmind
  • gratitude for starting this thread :)

I feel gratitude to my parents. No parents, no being. Teachers. No education no opportunity to know dharma. :)

Vastmind
  • thank you.

VastmindBunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2014

I'm grateful that the rare and precious local government official does exist. You have to work hard to find them, but when you do - grab 'em and never let go!! :D

Vastmind
  • I am grateful to the three Jews (think that is right)

Rabbi Bubbala Buddha for his Dharma Torah

Sangha Synod for their just actions

and Boddhisattva 'Chicken Soup' for her skilful noodling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Jewels

Vastmindkarasti
  • ZaylZayl Veteran

I am grateful for the roof over my head, and the food in my belly. That's all I really have in the world, but I am more than happy to have it.

lobsterVastmind
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

I am grateful for how this thread reminds me to savoir each breath.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yup.
    Every breath is one breath less.....

• seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran

I'm grateful that my car got broken into and $300 was stolen from me. Was a very good learning experience!

Vastmind
  • @seeker242 said:
    I'm grateful that my car got broken into and $300 was stolen from me. Was a very good learning experience!

Wow. Have you burnt down your house yet to learn about [whatever] or do you just improvise as situations arise? ;)

Vastmind
  • robotrobot Veteran

@seeker242 said:

Hopefully you learned to keep your money in your wallet.