Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello, I'm new here!

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Did You Enter The Dharma Via The 4NT & The EightFold Path ?.

Comments

• New here... first post.

I first stepped onto this path (and have strayed numerous times) many years ago. I found Buddhism through a Tai Chi class, which led me read up on Taoism, which then led me to grab a book titled "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche. I am reading that book again now, as I once again step on the path.

Jeffrey
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Welcome to you, @DharmaCloud, thank you for choosing to join us here. Pretty mad and diverse bunch of individuals, but we make a fine cup of tea!

I just felt, as a new member, you deserved individual mention.
    Nice to meet you.
    Incidentally, I came to Buddhism in pretty much the same way...

Small world, huh?

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Hi @DharmaCloud‌ :wave: ,

How are you getting on with The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying? Don't tell us the ending but I have a feeling everyone dies . . . ? Oh the humanity :bawl: .

BunksBuddhadragonVastmind
  • ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

Hi @DharmaCloud! I was about to say hi to @federica, seeing that she has the first post in the thread... but something felt off about that.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well, every day I'm a "New" person, so.... Hya....!

lobster
  • federica, thanks!

I had been perusing the threads and realized my comment on 4NT/8FP was not there. I was sure I posted it, but thought maybe I was being shunned (I found this site through an email refusing me access to another one).

I noticed the title of this one and thought to myself, perhaps I should have done that. Normally there is an introductions thread or even section. Not seeing one, I just jumped right in. The water is fine.

lobster, the book is going well for the second time. I won't give you the ending, but people in it die somewhere in the middle, right before a journey known as the bardo.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited May 2014

Hi...have a good day . .. :) ..

I'm so sorry, @DharmaCloud, I should have sent you a 're-direct'....

The very thought of us 'shunning' anyone here, makes me recoil and shudder.

Rest assured, no such thing ever happens.

_ ...the book is going well for the second time. I won't give you the ending, but people in it die somewhere in the middle, right before a journey known as the bardo._

>

Yeah, but then they come back, right?

RIGHT...?

LOL....

By the way, if ever you need to alert anyone to a comment you'd like to make, directed at them, preface their precise forum name with the "at" symbol ( @‌ as I have done with yours....)

The spelling has to be accurate, and the person will know you have made reference to a comment of theirs, or a question....