Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sadness

I've just attended the fourth funeral in as many months of dear friends. They were all taken by that most insidious spectre, cancer, maybe it's just my age but I get the impression it's becoming more prevalent. The only relief I afford myself is the knowledge that they are in a more serene place now than the agony of the final stages of the disease. May they all be at peace now.

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

May they all be at peace now.

May they all be at Peace Now

You too.

ShoshinVastmindanatamanoverthecuckoosnest
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Che, I'm so sorry that a thread you have begun, has started on such a sad note for you.
    It must be very difficult for you to have endured this. I send you much Metta, and thank you for posting the reminder that however brief our lives, whatever the cause of our deaths, others who care, will be 'left behind' to mourn.

I'm sorry for your loss.

CheJeffrey
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Those back to back funerals can do a number on us, huh?

It'll be ok.....then it'll be alright.

You know we sit with you.

Che
  • CittaCitta Veteran

@dharmamom said:
    "Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
    A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
    A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
    A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream."
    ('Diamond Sutra')

That's the one...

• TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

My heart to you.
    Life can seem to be such a hard proposition at times, the loss of those we know and love is most difficult to bear.

Che