Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Root cause of ignorance?

2»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2015

@Shoshin said:
    "Root cause of ignorance?"

Is....trying to find its root cause....

No, it's not. Please don't confuse the issue.

• lack of access to wikipedia and google? just kidding. I have no answer to that question other than if we do not open to that which is frightening or unknown or whatever. The nature of mind is vidya and not opening is avidya. Much needs to be said about what 'opening' is and the dharma is practiced at different levels by different people.

lobstersilver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    "Root cause of ignorance?"

Is....trying to find its root cause....

Meaning.... it can not be found, and by "trying to find' the root cause, is in itself ignorance (not knowing itself)...

Realise this....and the quest for the root cause drops away ...

My apologies if some found the post confusing...

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited October 2015

@Tony_A_Simien said: It doesn't matter if it's called, Buddhism or Advaita or whatever. Those systems or traditions are merely tools to discover your true nature. The final results are the same. Only the method of realizing it is different.

That's a whole different discussion, and again you sound like you're preaching.

• @Jeffrey said:
    Much needs to be said about what 'opening' is and the dharma is practiced at different levels by different people.

Well said. An important point. It is also true that our inner mandala/selves may be at different levels at different times, in various settings.

It takes considerable skill and experience to communicate across this diverse and at times divisive landscape.

Our personal ignorance we can own and share solutions for.

As I said to the Buddha only this morning, 'Dude, if we keep meeting like this one of us will have to die.'
    http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2658

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Shoshin said:
    My apologies if some found the post confusing...

I didn't find it confusing, I found it incomplete. Thanks for clarifying.

• @mikeg said:
    Can anybody tell me what the root cause of ignorance is?

Ignorance has support, but it doesn't have a cause.