Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Merry Christmas!

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

I once asked a fellow Zen student -- one more 'advanced' than I -- how she coped with the various holidays that had nothing to do with Buddhism but had an impact on the surrounding culture. Her answer was short and sweet: "I celebrate them all."

In that spirit, then .... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

WalkerlobsterStingRaypegembara

Comments

• MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

lobsterWalkerStingRaypegembara
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Iz plan, to borrow a phrase from @lobster

Pretty much every day of the year is a feast day, holiday, etc. somewhere in the world. Party like it's 1999!
    Whoop-whoop! B)

silver
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Hurrah! ( and bah humbug )

• StingRayStingRay Glasgow Explorer

Merry Christmas to all

WalkerVastmind
  • Happy Christmas

Bring back the ass

In the Middle Ages, the Festival of the Ass was held on Christmas Eve, recalling Joseph and Mary’s flight into Egypt. A young girl with babe in her arms entered the church riding an ass or donkey. During mass, all the prayers ended with “hee-haw.” The Catholic Church banned the celebrations because of its sacrilegious character.

hee-haw ... and happy Birthday to Baby Jesus, Krishna etc ...
    http://didyouknow.org/christmas/celebrations/

Bunks
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Feck it.

• All celebrations are joyful events. Enjoy your Christmas.

lobsterWalkerVastmind
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Christmas morning at my favorite Charlotte, NC, Episcopal church was simply beautiful. Long live the Narrative! Long live sacred story!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Nirvana said:
    Christmas morning at my favorite Charlotte, NC, Episcopal church was simply beautiful. Long live the Narrative! Long live sacred story!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

Charlotte NC! Ahhhh, the memories.....spent 6 weeks in the TownePlace Suites just off WT Harris Blvd.

That was my introduction to the South! Donuts for breakfast in the hotel foyer every morning =)

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

We may not be quite as friendly as the Australians, but as a whole we're a lot more plump, like Santa Claus...