Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jukai and Ango

ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

I'll be receiving Jukai and participating in Ango starting tomorrow. I'm really excited about it. I've decided that for the period of Ango I'm going to be giving up video games. In the time that I would spend gaming (however limited it may have been) I'll be meditating or reading the Dharma.

Thanks for listening, you're unintentionally keeping me accountable.

adamcrossleyBunksShoshinVastmindseeker242Davidlobster

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

There's no "unintentionally" about it!

Compliments.
    Be well, enjoy. Take care.
    Come back and let us know of your experiences.

VastmindlobsterDavid
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

For those who werenโ€™t sure what it meant (like me!) see here.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@ajhayes said:
    I'll be receiving Jukai and participating in Ango starting tomorrow. I'm really excited about it. I've decided that for the period of Ango I'm going to be giving up video games. In the time that I would spend gaming (however limited it may have been) I'll be meditating or reading the Dharma.

Thanks for listening, you're unintentionally keeping me accountable.

Good for you! Hope it all goes well ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

• adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

@ajhayes, can I ask what sect youโ€™re receiving Jukai with? What precepts will you be taking and what will the ceremony look like? Thanks for including us in your experience :)

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

It will be Soto Zen. I'll be taking the 5 precepts. The ceremony will be online, through Treeleaf Sangha. I'm not really sure what the whole ceremony will look like, but, there are videos on youtube (I think). Thank you to all for your interest!

Bunkslobster
  • May all be suspicious

Auspicious! :3

Let me see if I can remember the five?

• Thou shall halt all naughtiness
    • Be good
    • Have a nice day
    • Be kind to most everything
    • Smile ๐Ÿ˜

... something like that ...

Bunks