Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pema Chodron on Meditation

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

The meditative space is like the big sky— spacious, vast enough to accommodate anything that arises.

Which reminds me of...
    "Awareness is fundamentally non-conceptual before thinking splits experience into subject and object...It is empty and so can contain everything including thought...It is boundless...And amazingly it is intrinsically knowing"

lobsterVastmindKotishka
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited August 2020

^^^ Good video. When it got to what I AM, my brain started babbling questions, one after the other.

I know, I know... * face palm * .... hahaha.

Shoshinlobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I always like Pema Chödron, she has something very grounded and clear in the way she writes.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Kerome said:
    I always like Pema Chödron, she has something very grounded and clear in the way she writes.

Hmm should it be "she has something very groundless and clear in the way she writes"

Paradoxically I find her very grounded in groundlessness :)

KotishkaJeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    very grounded in groundlessness

That is not a bad way of putting it. What I meant is that she is very down to earth, speaking from her own experience, with a clear but undaunted view of the shadow sides of human nature. I admire that.

Shoshin