Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Permission to throw a tantrum

Ever give yourself permission to throw a tantrum? Sometimes I do that and then I mindfully(usually) beat my chest and huff and puff and say things like "I knowww I knowww I knowwwwwww" until eventually I pass by a mirror or have expelled enough out of the system and just burst into laughter at the silliness. It's really one of the greatest things. And might count as exercise. Would it count as feeding my demons?

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-feeding-your-demons/

I delivered someones bad karma today. They caught me off guard and we shared a look. Mine was of surprise and pity, or maybe embarrassment. I felt bad because I judged them in that moment based on society's standards and not on what matters. And they saw. They wore my look with confidence and dignity. I'm grateful for that small consolation. Maybe it was them who delivered mine.

Shoshin1JeroenBunkslobsterSuraShine

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@FleaMarket said:
    Ever give yourself permission to throw a tantrum? Sometimes I do that and then I mindfully(usually) beat my chest and huff and puff and say things like "I knowww I knowww I knowwwwwww" until eventually I pass by a mirror or have expelled enough out of the system and just burst into laughter at the silliness. It's really one of the greatest things. And might count as exercise. Would it count as feeding my demons?

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-feeding-your-demons/

I delivered someones bad karma today. They caught me off guard and we shared a look. Mine was of surprise and pity, or maybe embarrassment. I felt bad because I judged them in that moment based on society's standards and not on what matters. And they saw. They wore my look with confidence and dignity. I'm grateful for that small consolation. Maybe it was them who delivered mine.

Is the tantrum when alone or in the presence of others?

FleaMarket
  • FleaMarketFleaMarket Veteran
    edited August 2023

That's a great distinction. Certainly alone though I might be able to sell tickets one of these days.

I think the value is in parroting/role-playing the feeling instead of directly feeling it. Observe the self acting it out while a step removed provides a safer place to process it while still providing some relief of processing it.

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2023

I have been tantrumming today!

It is a day of rest in England. Tomorrow will have to be extra aware of demons. I really like the image provided by the OP.

My major demon and the recipient of my tantrums is usually computers. Are they devilicious or what!

… think i will chant quietly in the naughty corner for a while … 🤭

FleaMarketBunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited August 2023

@lobster said:
    I have been tantrumming today!

It is a day of rest in England. Tomorrow will have to be extra aware of demons. I really like the image provided by the OP.

My major demon and the recipient of my tantrums is usually computers. Are they devilicious or what!

… think i will chant quietly in the naughty corner for a while … 🤭

Ah yes! Computers and IT in general are often a source of tantrums. Particularly in the workplace.
    We used to have a question in our performance review along the lines of “Do you feel you have the tools and resources to do your job properly?”
    I noticed it’s been removed in recent years 😂

FleaMarketKotishkaSuraShine