Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Year End - New Year

As the year ends, may the season find you well.
For those suffering, may the suffering and loss yield to peace and fulfillment.
May the New Year bring you joy, peace, love and a victorious life.

Peace to all

VastmindShoshin1marcitkoJeroenlobsterDagobahZenBunks

Comments

• Thank you @Lionduck!

Best wishes to you and all, truly and from the bottom of my heart! I just woke up so don't have the brain or heart-power for a more poetic note.

I was already thinking: "what will I do for New Years Eve?". But your post reminded me of my good practice that I've done for the last few years: make a retreat at home and usher in the new year in meditation and contemplation. For me personally, the added bonus then is that there is no danger of drinking or screwing up my sleep schedule, great success!

Shoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Gutes neues jahr!
    Joyeux Noel!
    Feliz navidad!
    Prospero ano nuovo!
    Gelukkige feestdagen!
    Happy holidays!

Indeed good wishes for the Christmas season and the New Year to everyone! May the holidays lead you to not sin too heavily against the fifth precept, and enjoy your time with friends and family.

marcitkolobsterShoshin1
  • @Lionduck said:
    As the year ends, may the season find you well.
    For those suffering, may the suffering and loss yield to peace and fulfillment.
    May the New Year bring you joy, peace, love and a victorious life.

Peace to all

Thank you and wishing all of that for you too @Lionduck and everyone.

lobsterShoshin1
  • May the New Year bring you joy, peace, love and a victorious life.

Happy New Day, Hour and minute second. We are the victors!

BunksDagobahZenLionduck
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

A couple of us Zooming evening Meditators will be welcoming in the new year on Sunday with a 9:00, 10:00 & 11:00 PM PST 1/2 hour sitting followed by 10 minutes of walking meditation.
    Because we're operating on the free Zoom program, each sitting will automatically shut down 40 minutes after it starts, where upon I'll restart it again on the beginning of the next hour. At least that's the plan.
    Given the time differences of many of the NB members, this may not work out for most but do feel welcome to quietly plug in or out of any or all of it. PM me for the zooming entrance info if you need it.
    Cheers
    Howard.

JeroenmarcitkoKotishkaLionduck
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

I fancy some oliebollen (kind of like doughnuts but spherical, with raisins in them and covered with powdered sugar) and appelflappen (same batter as oliebollen but with apple inside), traditional treats eaten here on New Years Eve.

DagobahZenlobsterLionduck
  • That's great @how! The times zones, alas, don't work for me.

@Jeroen I fancied a big box of sushi today, an expensive treat, but what the hell, it's my favourite food and definitely not a traditional treat round here :)

DagobahZenJeroenlobsterLionduck
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited December 2023

Greetings from the future....
    Happy New Year folks...and may the year ahead be a mindful one...

Oh and my new year's resolution ..."To be the change I want to see in the world"

marcitkolobsterDagobahZenLionduck
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited December 2023

BTW, I was looking at the Northern hemisphere's New Year's eve moon on this morning's jolk...

marcitkoDagobahZen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Happy New Dhrama. Glad to see Fish is still on the Menu.

My New Yeah Resolves/Pretend precepts:

• To badly go where no Crusty has gone, gone, most definitely gone before
    • To do more x-cercise and Xorcisms
    • To start my own sever server for dodos
    • To up my game eg. Eat Rudolph

<3>:)o:)

Lionduck
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Happy New Year folks. I'll be off to bed in an hour or two, but expect to see that little has changed when I awake.

Shoshin1Lionducklobster
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

Can you be-leaf the year is already over?

KotishkaJeroenLionduck

Dutch habits to be indulged on New Years Day…

1. Nieuwjaarsborrel… a stiff drink preferably from a cafe
    2. Nieuwjaarsduik… a dive into the sea, usually followed by a fortifying beaker of pea soup
    3. Nieuwjaarsconcert… live music in the form of a concert
    Lionduck
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Well ... I have been rapidly making up New Resolutions (to make up for the broken ones ...)

The Police came around yesterday but it was not me they were looking for. There was an incident in our road. Me and my two alibis heard it but saw nothing. The Criminal Investigation Department, parked one of their detective cars outside our door, to protect us from the naughties.

I will be good. I will be gooder. I will do goodliness!

Lionduck