Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A thread about threads that thread onto another thread and thus go off-thread...!

Comments

• emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    OMG that was the best website I have seen in ages! Go the mullet! Long live people called Dwayne and Warrick!
    Kundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    Mullets are hemaphroditic. they can change according to the population in order to balance things out. None of this mullet machismo. Mullets are in touch with their feminine side, too.....
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    (We're talking "fish" here........)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    I think snails do that too.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2005
    How do you spell twelve?
    edited September 2005
    O - N - E - D - O - Z - E - N
    Kundo
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2005
    X I I

-bf
    edited September 2005
    Hence the saying.... "There's more than one way to skin a rabbit"...

Talking of Rabbits, has anyone seen my new tennis racket?
  • edited September 2005
    lol i ripped off some guys avatar
  • edited September 2005
    One day Ill become the new village idiot sorry federica. lol....
    edited September 2005
    You got a long way to go yet, Nirvananoob.... just be happy with being the goofball for now....!! :lol:
  • edited September 2005
    aww man you shattered my hopes and dreams.... You happy now? :poke: fear the almighty power of the poking stick!!!! :poke: what the heck it wont show the poking smiley....
    edited September 2005
    Neither does the "off Topic" one....

I'm doing a washload, and I have seven odd socks.....!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Fede: there are no odd socks, only pairs of assorted colours and weaves!
  • edited September 2005
    Seriously, what DOES the washing machine do with all those socks?? I always end up with a whole bunch missing.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Tired of the endless round, some socks achieve nirvana and leave the (wash)cycle.
  • edited September 2005
    i type all these posts at a library, and my time just expired g2g :mullet:
    edited September 2005
    Fede: there are no odd socks, only pairs of assorted colours and weaves!

Well that takes care of six.... but what about the seventh one....? huh? HUH?? Mr. Smartypants (of which, out of 12, I only have 9 left, by the frickin' way....!!)
  • edited September 2005
    the gruklesnork that lives in your washer eats them :mullet:
  • edited September 2005
    Hello?
  • edited September 2005
    YogaMama wrote:
    Seriously, what DOES the washing machine do with all those socks?? I always end up with a whole bunch missing.

Well,

My mom always told me that the "Sock Monster" eats your socks! LOL! :p :buck: The "Sock Monster" also lives in your washing machine. After raising kids, I am really starting to believe this! :bs: HEHEHE!

Adiana :type: :mullet:
  • edited September 2005
    Tired of the endless round, some socks achieve nirvana and leave the (wash)cycle.

Yes, that's just what I had assumed. :)
  • edited September 2005
    hey.................. this proves my point...... sock monster, gruklesnork..... THEY ARE ONE IN THE SAME!!!!! (thats goo kul snorc) for those of us who didn't frow up reading dr. seuss lol :mullet:
  • edited May 2006
    "is this a throw-back to when I was a sloth....?"

Does that mean that because I used to be a scuba diver that I was once a Dolphin? (or forbid it, a SHARK!!!!) (grins!)
  • edited May 2006
    OOPS! THAT one went to the wrong place!
  • edited February 2008
    Well, the Pussy Willows are blooming this weekend....Spring is not far behind now!:thumbsup:
    ~~P'tuny
  • edited February 2008
    My cat's got the hiccups right now. It's pretty funny-looking.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Oh, P'tuny!! You're so lucky!! We're still smothered in tons and tons of snow and it was something like -27 Celsius the other night. For those of you on Fahrenheit, that's -16.6 Fahrenheit.

I just used that online conversion site for the first time to do this!! It's great!! It was so easy! Here's the link if anyone's interested:

Online Conversion Site

Jacx,

I've never seen a cat with hiccups! It must be hilarious!!
  • edited February 2008
    May I ask where you live Brigid?
    I live in Alberta, but lived in Manitoba all my life until these last three years.
    What a difference in climates during the winter.
    Here the cold is never long (Chinook winds are balmy)
    and there is so little snow as opposed to what I was used to.
    It is really nice here.
    ~~P'tuny
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    I'm in eastern Ontario and it's cold, cold, cold. I'm about an hour south east of Ottawa.

I lived in Calgary for six months one winter and the weather was awesome! Every morning I'd put on my long john's, heavy coat, hat, scarf etc. and by noon the Chinook would blow in and the temperature would go up 10 degrees and I'd have to discard half my clothing. I remember you could even see the Chinook coming in, that horizontal line on the horizon. Amazing!

I've never been as far west as Vancouver or Victoria but I've heard it's like Miami at this time of year. Lol!!
  • edited February 2008
    Well, My heart goes out to you!
    We must be the only People in Canada to have a decent winter this year!
    ((Warm hugs to you))
    Here you go, just for you!
    Pussy Willows from just outside Banff.
    ~~P'tuny
    IMG_1425.jpg
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Oh!! Sweet!!
  • edited February 2008
    Gorgeous - when I was a very little girl I thought they were tiny mice nesting in the tree and I used to go and stroke them.
    edited February 2008
    Knitwitch, you didn't?

Oh my goodness, I don't believe you! How silly is that...??!!:D

I happen to know that they are new bunny tails for the baby bunnies born at Easter time....

I have it on very good authority.
    The Easter Chick told me.... :wavey:

:lol:
  • edited February 2008
    Yes I did - but I still talk to trees and stuff so don't take any notice of me ..... every site needs its resident loon.

I'll ask the Easter Chick and the Easter Bunny about the Pussy Willows - they are coming around for tea this afternoon.
    edited February 2008
    I reckon Brian should subtitle this forum NooLoonies... and post a disclaimer....!!
  • edited February 2008
    Awww come on, now - I am the resident loonie on here - you can't - not only do you know a lot about Buddhism, you talk sense a lot of the time AND you're the moderator.

Let me be the token bonkers bod, please? I have a note from my doctor! :grin:
    edited February 2008
    :grin:

Well....if it makes you happy!!:om:

:ukflag:
  • edited February 2008
    Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssss I'm resident loonie, I'm resident loonie La la la laaaaaaaa la :ukflag:
  • jj5jj5 Medford Lakes, N.J. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Knitwitch wrote: »
    Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssss I'm resident loonie, I'm resident loonie La la la laaaaaaaa la :ukflag:
    Can I be the grasshopper to your master? :woowoo::crazy:
    edited February 2008
    Speaking of Loonie, is anybody here a fan of Monty Python? I thought they were the absolute GODS of comedy!
    edited February 2008
    OK! OK! Say goodnight Gracie! I`m getting a little loopy now. Hopefully it`s from lack of sleep!
  • edited February 2008
    I think they captured every childs fantasy in a way.
    There is just something so special about how soft and
    gentle they are.
  • edited February 2008
    Yes, I take apprentices but beware ... the training is long and humorous!

And yes, I loved Monty Python and you'll find that "Life of Brian" is probably in the "most quoted film" category on this site.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    jj5 wrote: »
    Speaking of Loonie, is anybody here a fan of Monty Python? I thought they were the absolute GODS of comedy!
    Oh, absolutely!! As Knitwitch pointed out, we have some pretty big fans here. LOVED them!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2008
    Knitwitch wrote: »
    Gorgeous - when I was a very little girl I thought they were tiny mice nesting in the tree and I used to go and stroke them.
    That's one of the most adorable things I've ever heard.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited February 2008
    jj5 wrote: »

No they aren't. :p

And I'm just arguing with you in my spare time.. Heh! (Refer to Monty Python 'The Argument Clinic' sketch)
  • edited February 2008
    Oh yes they are.

(sorry is this the quick 10 minute version or the full half hour?)
  • edited February 2008
    Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?
    See the løveli lakes
    The wonderful telephøne system
    And mani interesting furry animals
    Including the majestic møøse
    edited February 2008
    Horace Poem

Horace

Much to his Mum and Dad's dismay
    Horace ate himself one day.
    He didn't stop to say his grace,
    He just sat down and ate his face.
    "We can't have this his Dad declared,
    "If that lad's ate, he should be shared."
    But even as he spoke they saw
    Horace eating more and more:
    First his legs and then his thighs,
    His arms, his nose, his hair, his eyes...
    "Stop him someone!" Mother cried
    "Those eyeballs would be better fried!"
    But all too late, for they were gone,
    And he had started on his dong...
    "Oh! foolish child!" the father mourns
    "You could have deep-fried that with prawns,
    Some parsley and some tartar sauce..."
    But H. was on his second course:
    His liver and his lights and lung,
    His ears, his neck, his chin, his tongue;
    "To think I raised him from the cot
    And now he's going to scoff the lot!"