Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Do we want our wishes to come true...? GAME:

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Stressful you mean. Granted, but you'd be living in the Institute of Mental Health and planting apple trees in the middle of Orchard Road because you saw the word "orchard".

I wish I was God.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but you'd never get sundays off, like most folks do, because that's when everyone on earth goes 'God-Bothering'.... No perks to the job, ya see...?

I wish I could wish for something that really would come true...
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then you would want something else and then something else, and then something...never really being happy.

I wish The Gulf Coust of the US would recover soon so my FEMA Budhist boyfriend would come home.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Granted! (oh, how I really would wish to grant you that one!! chin up!!)

But when he comes home, he's converted to being a jehovah's witness, and keeps knocking out of habit....

I wish spaghetti, chocolate and french fries weren't fattening....!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but you'd have to eat them all together.

I wish that Buddhafoot hadn't made me laugh so hard that I peed my pants.
    edited January 2006
    Granted!
    But from now on, you find it safer to not wear any....!

Most folks wanna swim with dolphins...
    I wish I could be with Gorillas..... (wow.....! Big silverback, and all the little ones....)
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted,but you laughed so loud you peed on your shirt(Man,how you do that?!)

I wish that time travel is possible.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Fede,
    Granted! But the biggest silver back falls in love with you.

Ar.Aid,
    Granted! But it's practice rips a hole in the universe.

I wish I had a peaceful mind.
  • edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    granted... But due to your washing it with that scarlet ballgown you so love wearing, it's all a delightful shade of candyfloss pink.....

I wish I could make absolutely perfect glutinous rice and sushi....

(I have to add to this one)

Granted, but you know have worms living in your brain from eating too much sushi. (Did you know that REALLY does happen?? I used to eat sushi all the time, until I read and saw pictures about that!).

I wish I was better at arm balances when doing yoga.
    edited January 2006
    (That's a fallacy... and that's what the wasabi is for... it's extremely anti-viral and antiseptic.... providing the fish is absolutely fresh - and no self-respecting sushi shef or caterer would use anything else - there is no danger....)

Granted... but now your legs need serious attention..!

I wish I could have a day off now and then...!
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then you'd be stuck in pendulum pose unable to play tag with your beautiful little one....

I wish I didn't enjoy (bargain, of course) shopping so much...
  • edited January 2006
    fed - is that really a fallacy? So all those pictures and information I have seen are fake? I used to LOVE eating sushi, but quit because of that!

As for you having a day off every now and then, granted, but now you take days off for granted and do not enjoy them as much as you used to.

I wish I had my own yoga studio!
    edited January 2006
    DISTINCTLY OFF TOPIC...
    Truly, Yogamama, Sushi if prepared properly, is like any other food.... Chicken and slmonella, raw pork and tapeworms....and I have to say, while I view the prospect of eating fish which parasitic worms with total and utter distaste, I was reliably informed by someone I contacted at the poisons unit in Guy's Hospital, London, that no parasite in fish has been known to counter-infect or inhabit a different species... Much is being said about illnesses like Mad Cow disease and bird flu, but these are biological illnesses, whereas parasites depend on a specific organism to survive....
    so providing your sushi source is reliable, you should have nothing to worry about.
    i have heard those who protest that sushi gives them an upset or runny tummy, but this is because our systems cannot always cope with raw animal protein.....

I'M SORRY... BACK ON TOPIC....

Sharpiegirl:
    Granted... but now you have developped such elite tastes, Harrods opens specially for you!

YogaMama:
    Granted, but now you're in ther so often, your family's gonna move in with you..... !

I wish....I wish...
    I WISH Women had equal status with men in Buddhism..... (ooooch!!)
  • edited January 2006
    Thanks for the info, fede! Sorry for getting us off topic. :)
    edited January 2006
    (No problem... it happens.....;) )
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Wow! That's a good one, Fede. You're REALLY making me think!

Um, Granted! But...the opportunity to teach while in the midst of Buddhism's own transformation is lost(?)

I wish I had fewer attachments.
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but now you can't reach under the bed with the hoover....!!:lol:

I wish Men would pick up their laundry and put it in the basket....
    (This wish-list could go on and on....!!)
  • edited January 2006
    Federica...(LOL to your reply to Brigid!!!)

Your wish is granted..but then your thieghs would not be getting the great work-out you receive whilst picking up their filthy garments!!!

I wish lilacs were all year round....
    edited January 2006
    True... we need cast-iron backs with a hinge in it...!!

Granted, but their scent is so intoxicating, we'd all be on a permanent high....ah, they are wonderful!
    Ok, last wish before I go to bed.....

Oh, I know!!

I wish 'Beauty Sleep' meant what it said - !!

'Night 'night everyone!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2006
    frederica wrote:
    frederica wrote:
    Ok, last wish before I go to bed.....

Oh, I know!!

I wish 'Beauty Sleep' meant what it said - !!

'Night 'night everyone!

Granted, but then you might have to sleep for a very, very long time, Sleeping Beauty.

"I WISH I HAD A KEY THAT OPENED EVERY DOOR." :type:
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but you get arrested for unlawful trespass when you go to the Pentagon and start reading Classified Files, which is charged as treason or espionage.

I wish that Bill Clinton had never been elected President of the US.
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but then we would never have read such wonderful headlines such as that appeared in a French newspaper:

"Ms Lewinski was covered in the president's 'enthusiasm'" and the world would be a poorer place without insight like that!

I wish you didn't have to go and fight anyone, Bushi...
    I wish for you it never comes to that.... post-771-1122354390.gif
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Nirvana wrote:

Granted, but then you might have to sleep for a very, very long time, Sleeping Beauty.

"I WISH I HAD A KEY THAT OPENED EVERY DOOR." :type:

Ouch!

Was that a zinger, Nirvana? :)

-bf
    edited January 2006
    frederica wrote:
    I wish you didn't have to go and fight anyone, Bushi...
    I wish for you it never comes to that....

Yes, but then how could you prove you weren't a girly boy, Mr. Bush?

P.S. Oh Buddhafoot, you've made this thread what it is, great fun. But I don't know what a zinger is, so can't answer your question. KEEP US LAUGHING!

I WISH THAT EVERY RICH KID HAD A CLEAN MOUTH AND A PURE HEART. (Sincerely)

"I WISH I HAD A KEY THAT OPENED EVERY DOOR."
    "Yes, But behind every door there'd be this big FIST!"
    edited January 2006
    Granted... but unfortunately it doesn't mean that every rich kid also has a Clean Heart and a Pure Mouth.....

I wish we really could walk a mile in the other man's shoes....
    edited January 2006
    Nirvana wrote:

Yes, but then how could you prove you weren't a girly boy, Mr. Bush?

P.S. Oh Buddhafoot, you've made this thread what it is, great fun. But I don't know what a zinger is, so can't answer your question. KEEP US LAUGHING!

I WISH THAT EVERY RICH KID HAD A CLEAN MOUTH AND A PURE HEART. (Sincerely)

zinger: n; Latin zingus her 1) an insult directed to a female. to insinuate that someone wishing that Beauty Sleep actually worked might, in fact, be requiring a large amount of Beauty Sleep 2) a fluffy, creamed filled cake snack.

-bf
    edited January 2006
    frederica wrote:
    I wish we really could walk a mile in the other man's shoes....
    GRANTED, but then the other man's shoes would have a hole in each sole.

No Zingers to frederica. Frederica is so cool that snowballs in Antarctica envy her.

I wish it were not so that I was so forgetful that I couldn't remember to make a wish.
  • edited January 2006
    Can I play? I wish I HAD a sex life so I could really practice abstinence! hah - get out of that one!
    edited January 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    Can I play? I wish I HAD a sex life so I could really practice abstinence! hah - get out of that one!
    GRANTED, but then you wouldn't have as much to look forward to as now.
    Knitwitch wrote:
    Can I play?
    GRANTED, but then you'd have to follow the rules (unless you're really Buddhafoot and already know how to be an Artful Dodger.)...

I WISH THAT THE AMERICANS HAD DESERTED SAUDI ARABIA IN 1992, SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 HAD BEEN CANCELLED, &C.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but then an even bigger catastrophe was planned and 50,000 Americans were killed.

I wish that me, my husband and my daughter still lived in Phoenix, AZ!
    edited January 2006
    Nirvana wrote:
    I wish it were not so that I was so forgetful that I couldn't remember to make a wish.

Granted, but then in answering it..... er......I forget......

I wish I had the voice of an angel.....
    edited January 2006
    Nirvana wrote:
    GRANTED, but then you wouldn't have as much to look forward to as now.

GRANTED, but then you'd have to follow the rules (unless you're really Buddhafoot and already know how to be an Artful Dodger.)...

I WISH THAT THE AMERICANS HAD DESERTED SAUDI ARABIA IN 1992, SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 HAD BEEN CANCELLED, &C.

Granted. But then some other country we've screwed over for years would have attacked us on September 12.

I wish I wasn't so incredibly dashing and handsome.

(someone can really take advantage of this one :))

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    Hmmm...that wish can't be granted because you are NOT incredibly dashing and handsome. :)
    edited January 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Hmmm...that wish can't be granted because you are NOT incredibly dashing and handsome. :)

Damn, girl. You could have come up with something better than that!

Like "Oh... your wish has been granted.... it has been SOOOOOO granted, bf!"

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    Your wish is granted - now you will never be sure if she loves you for your mind!

ooops and my wish - I wish my brain weren't disintegrating at such a rapid rate!
    edited January 2006
    Here, hon... let me finish the game for you...
    YogaMama wrote:

I wish I had a sense of humor!

-bf
    edited January 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    Your wish is granted - now you will never be sure if she loves you for your mind!

ooops and my wish - I wish my brain weren't disintegrating at such a rapid rate!

I wouldn't care if she loved me for my mind! :)

Granted - but everything else is. Now your shoes size is 11 and your bra size = 34 Long :(

I wish relationships were easy.

-bf
    edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I wish I wasn't so incredibly dashing and handsome.
    GRANTED, but then you'd be incredibly intelligent and right-wing.

I WISH THE TERRORISTS WOULD BE CONVERTED TO RIGHT-WING TAOISTS.
  • edited January 2006
    You been peeking!!!!

Wish I still had my ferrets.
    edited January 2006
    Nirvana wrote:
    GRANTED, but then you'd be incredibly intelligent and right-wing.

I WISH THE TERRORISTS WOULD BE CONVERTED TO RIGHT-WING TAOISTS.

Granted - but now we just found out that Right Wing Taoists just flew planes into the World Trade buildings.

I wish I was independently wealthy.

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Granted - but now we just found out that Right Wing Taoists just flew planes into the World Trade buildings.

-bf

Granted - but now you will get bored and jaded and not get pleasure out of little inexpensive things (like me) :mullet:
    edited January 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    You been peeking!!!!

Wish I still had my ferrets.

No... honest. I gave up "peeking" with my last conviction.

Granted - but they've grown to the size of pot-bellied pigs along with their unremoved scent glands.

I wish I didn't have any ailments.

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    No... honest. I gave up "peeking" with my last conviction.

Granted - but they've grown to the size of pot-bellied pigs along with their unremoved scent glands.

I wish I didn't have any ailments.

-bf

Granted but your GP will now turn to drink and go out of business and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT

I wish I didn't have to sign off now and go video something for my student tomorrow - but I do! Night night!
    edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    GRANTED, but then you'd be gravely ill and all your relatives would be trying to take advantage of the situation to get all your money.

I WISH THAT THE BEATLES WOULD COME BACK.
    edited January 2006
    Nirvana wrote:
    GRANTED, but then you'd be gravely ill and all your relatives would be trying to take advantage of the situation to get all your money.

I WISH THAT THE BEATLES WOULD COME BACK.

Granted, but, George and John don't smell very good, don't look very good and they can't play their instruments at all.

I wish there was a good Italian Sausage & Pepper sandwich joint around here for lunch.

-bf
    edited January 2006
    Granted.... But I thought joints were illegal....?

I wish we didn't have two sets of wishes running at one... my poor brain hurts!!
    edited January 2006
    frederica wrote:
    I wish we didn't have two sets of wishes running at one... my poor brain hurts!!
    GRANTED, but then you'd have three or four or more, and really wouldn't know the score!
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I wish relationships were easy.
    GRANTED, but then "easy" relationships would cause a lot of jealousy and would diminish the amount of Net Human Happiness.
    bf, I meant, I wish the late sixties and early 70's MUSIC would come back in the record stores big-time,
    OR that John Lennon & his crowd was really more popular than Jesus for a day, and would be resurrected in the prime condition of their youth

I WISH THAT, FOR ONCE, THEY'D MAKE THE RICH PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted! But they pay their fair share to the Republican Party in the U.S.

I wish I had broadband internet access.
  • edited January 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Granted! But they pay their fair share to the Republican Party in the U.S.

I wish I had broadband internet access.

Ooooooh if I could grant that for you, I'd grant it for myself too! :nonono: OK - but then you'd spend even more time on your computer!

I wish I had enough room and money to adopt all the animals I want to.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted- but then one of them will become a dictator and try to take over the place (think Animal Farm).

I wish it wasn't so difficult for first graders to capitolize letters at the beginning of a sentence!