Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Do we want our wishes to come true...? GAME:

Comments

• edited January 2006
    Granted, but if all the kiddies sat in front of clean blackboards, they would never learn anything, or get time of class to beat the chalk from the blackboard dusters.

I wish that all the footballs in the world would become square and that houses were made out of them for the homeless.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but that would give carte blanche to all the Thierry Henrys of this world to come and kick seven bales of stuff out of your sitting-room wall....

I wish I had known then what I know now....
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then you would not have had the journey....that led you to be the beautiful person are today.

I wish for everyone to comfortable in their own skin.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but if everybody was comfortable in their own skin they would instantly shed any inhibitions about their own bodies and all become nudists. The mass migration of nudists to the warmer climes would interfere with the earths rotation, push it out of orbit and plunge us all into the freezing oblivion of deepest space.

I wish that peanut butter didn't get stuck in my throat.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but then you eat the world's supply of peanut butter - starting a global war in desperate scramble to secure alternatives - for which you are later tried at the Hague for the war crime of eating all the peanut butter.

i wish i hadn't just lost my pen
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but now you'd have to get on with writing whatever it is you need to write rather than hanging out with your mates on here ! :)

I wish my feet didn't fall asleep when meditating....
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    I wish my feet didn't fall asleep when meditating....
    GRANTED, but then your Mind would fall asleep, every time!

I WISH THEY WOULDN'T DISCONTINUE EVERYTHING I LIKE!
    =====
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But hten you would not have the joys of discovering new things!

I wish kids weren't so 'attached' to video games.:werr:
    edited January 2006
    I wish kids weren't so 'attached' to video games.:werr:

GRANTED, but then they'd all be raging potheads and alcoholics and sex crazy.

I WISH PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE WOULD READ THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS THEY WROTE!!! (OUCH!!!!, but does not apply to many!)

• edited January 2006
    Granted, but now we don't have nearly as many interesting posts to read!

I wish that I had begun studying Buddhism about 15 years ago!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Granted but.... I can't think of a minus side to that!

I wish people everywhere didn't seem to feel the need to be right all the time!
    (I'm Kinda echoing Nirvana's last "wish" really... I know it's cheating, but.....!!)
  • edited January 2006
    Granted but you have now done my husband out of his life's work!!!!!!!

I wish our van hadn't broken down today 50 miles from home!
    edited January 2006
    Oh, Blimey!!
    Why didn't you call...?

Granted... But then you'd never have got that wonderful exercise pushing, while he steered....!!

I wish I knew what I was going to wish next....!!
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but then you would have wished for that instead of what you just wished for (my brain hurts!).

I wish whisky wasn't classed as an intoxicant and was thus exempt from the 5th precept....
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Me too, Frizzer.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then yo udrink too much and begin to spread your great philosophies...but everyone thinks you are a rambling drunk!

I wish I didn't need a second job!
    edited January 2006
    Granted... But then, I wish I didn't need a first one! (Not sour grapes BTW...! Just an indictement of the 'système français'!)

I wish I had cent for every time I've said, "If I had a cent for every time...."
  • edited January 2006
    Granted - now you are loaded down small change and can't do Qi Gong or even walk properly!

I wish I could really let rip at some people that are getting to me without blasting the ears of everyone else in earshot!!!!!!!!!
    edited January 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    I wish I could really let rip at some people that are getting to me without blasting the ears of everyone else in earshot!!!!!!!!!
    GRANTED, but then all the deaf people around you while you spoke wouldn't be able to testify in court what you truly said, which would not have been as bad as those problematic people falsely would claim.

I wish that short men weren't so surly. (After all, all men are short compared to Mt. Everest, so why do men under, say 5'4", behave so badly?)
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted..But now short man are the rage among the woman and are fast going out of stock(Sounds like a sale!)

I further wish that people would be less selfish and learn to help those in need.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but then the good people in the world would get really bored at not having anything to do and so start making trouble so they have something good to do.

i wish military helicopters would stop flying over my house at night
    edited January 2006
    Granted - but now they start parking their tanks in your driveway......!!

I wish I knew why on earth 'Intelligent Design' has swept america like a plague - !!
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted,But it was due to malfuncioning in the planes system.So they now send jeeps and tanks over your house.

I wish that schools would no longer have examinations.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted. But now promotion criteria is judged based on being a good, brainwashed boy lacking creativity, and you would fail the whole seester badly with your interesting love poems.

I wish that my first date will go great!
  • edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    Granted - but now they start parking their tanks in your driveway......!!

I wish I knew why on earth 'Intelligent Design' has swept america like a plague - !!

Me too, federica...me too!!!!!

Granted, but know you know all of the answers to the "why" questions that everyone has and you are bombarded with answering people's questions 24 hours a day!

I wish that Geroge Bush didn't get under my skin so bad when he says things like,
    "If your platform is the destruction of Israel, it means you're not a partner in peace, and we're interested in peace."
  • edited January 2006
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    Granted. But now promotion criteria is judged based on being a good, brainwashed boy lacking creativity, and you would fail the whole seester badly with your interesting love poems.

I wish that my first date will go great!

Granted. But then the second one won't.

I wish parents didn't pass on materialism to their children.
    edited January 2006
    Haha, nice smartass reply. Granted, but now there is a fervor of anti-materialism, and the Cultural Revolution II takes place.

I wish my second date would be great also.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted but word gets round what a great date you are and even the most annoying girls insist on a date, whilst the girl of your heart decides you are just another Don Juan!

I wish schools taught history more intelligently.
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but then we'd all discover we had to be French....!!

I wish I could keep my big fat mouth shut sometimes!!

(Don't all rush at once - !!)
  • edited January 2006
    Hey! Just like you told me Fede...never keep your lips shut! (but I know what you mean!)

Granted. But then when you SHOULD speak up to offer your priceless advice, your lips would be stuck shut!!

I wish I could win at Huggermugger(a mystery word game):buck:
  • edited January 2006
    Hugger Mugger? A word game? They sell really cool Yoga stuff!

http://www.huggermugger.com/index.jsp

Ooops...sorry, fede...I'll let everyone get back on topic again. :hiding:
  • edited January 2006
    oooo thanks Mama...i like the 'stuff' on that site. I have never heard of that line!

Sorry everyone!!! STAY ON TOPIC!!! ;)
  • edited January 2006
    I wish I could win at Huggermugger(a mystery word game)

Granted! But you get addicted and die of starvation.

I wish I had more time.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted but what? You want more than a lifetime??? Anyway - tasks always expand to fill more than the time allotted to them - Parkinson's law.

I wish I could stop being a clown ALL the time :-/
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but then you'd run the risk of never seeing - and appreciating - that everything has it's funny side....!

I wish people weren't so obstinate! (Can you hear the foot stamping?!?)
    edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    Granted, but then you'd run the risk of never seeing - and appreciating - that everything has it's funny side....!

I wish people weren't so obstinate! (Can you hear the foot stamping?!?)

Granted. Everyone becomes compliant. You have no one to argue with. You die of boredom within a week.

I wish the squirrels wouldn't steal the birds' food.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted! But all the squirrels die of starvation, and the birds fall out of the sky because they're too fat, thus the ground is littered with dead fat birds and dead anorexic(or were before they died) squirrels.

I wish I was magic.
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but then you might disappear... And that would be a shame....

I wish I had the gift of wit and repartee!
  • edited January 2006
    Granted but think of the ructions that would cause at home! (and that's cheating cos you have it anyway!)

I wish all the good programmes weren't on the telly just about the time I should be going to sleep!
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then you'd become attached to watching mindless program on that telly and you'd loose your title, "Mother Raven, High Piestess and Chief Toilet Cleaner"! You'd forever regrett it!

I wish I didn't have complete Progress Reports (or at least the ones the school provides, they are so 'black 'n white' so to speak)
    edited January 2006
    Granted. But now to solve your complaint, the school has decided to make them incomplete by printing out the first digit of every score. As a result, you got only "1%" for the first trimester, "0%" for the second and another "0%" for the third.

I wish Port Royale 2 (the mobile game! Anyone plays it?) releases another sequel!
    edited January 2006
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    I wish Port Royale 2 (the mobile game! Anyone plays it?) releases another sequel!

Granted. But it turns out to be an interactive debate on necessary vs. sufficient Grace, based on Bossuet's account of Jansenism.

I wish I could unscrew the light-bulb that is stuck, in the bathroom.
  • edited February 2006
    Granted. But then the stool you're standing on starts to wobble..you loose your balance..and tip over...head first into the jonny!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my tummy wasn't rummbly.
  • edited February 2006
    Granted, but imagine how your meditation would suffer - being able to bring the mind back to the support of the rumbling helps to keep the mind focused.

I wish that I could keep my mind in alpha state.
  • edited February 2006
    Granted - but then you would have to take BETA blockers! :winkc:

I wish I could stop smoking as easily as I stopped drinking!
    edited February 2006
    Granted;
    But then you start chewing so much gum, you keep hubba-bubba in business, and when you blow bubbles they burst so big, they stick in your hair....

I wish I wasn't so phobic about syringes and needles....
  • edited February 2006
    Granted but then you might start mainlining chocolate.

I wish people were less willing to believe the worst of everyone
  • edited February 2006
    Granted, but then everyone becomes to gullible and is scammed.
    I wish there was no blind hatred.
    edited February 2006
    I wish there was no blind hatred.
    GRANTED, but then all hatred would be aimed within and we'd all self-destruct. (On the hypothesis that we've all had, or most of us have had, at least a second or two of blind hatred of something along the way.)

I wish that newspapers didn't profit by stirring up controversy.

I'm sorry if that wish has already been expressed, but I jumped at the opportunity of responding to one of Captain Bob's posts. Young people can be so great!

If This World Was Not Made for Thee, My Son,
    For Whom Was It Made?

Let the Path Ahead of Thee Be Peaceful,
    Thy Ways Strewn With Rays and Breezes, Bliss-Drenched,
    And the Road Behind Thee Littered With Potent Seeds of Joy.
    Let Thy Very Name Be Bliss!
    edited February 2006
    Granted - but then we'd have nothing to wrap our chips in... newspapers thrive on it, don't they??

I wish I could ....'be in England, now that Spring is there'.....