Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Do we want our wishes to come true...? GAME:

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted! But then you'd be out of a job.

I wish dust wouldn't collect so much in my house.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but instead it just floats around in the air and gives you a bad chest infection!

I wish I could train our cat to do all the house cleaning.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then he/she gets testy every time you walk through the house with your shoes on, dirty a dish, and forget to put the laundry in the hamper.

I wish for the regrowth of my bonsai to its original plush state.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but of course, you're going to wake up one morning and discover that your prize bonsai has come into contact with radioactive chemicals and took over the entire city - BON-ZILLA, AHHH!

I wish I could go back to Europe!
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, though every second person you meet demands you take their picture in front of some really awful art/statute etc.

I wish I could control my temper.....
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Esau wrote:
    I wish I could control my temper.....
    Not only You! Everybody wishes you could!
    Please Find a Way!
    (That was my Bequest. Do it the Zen way, do it on your own.)

I wish I could control my fingers, and stop them from subverting this website!
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted. But now your thumb sticks out erect no matter what you do (think holding a pen)

I wish I was more sensitive and could the mind of girls. :(
  • edited January 2006
    Don't we all!!!

Granted.
    But now you can hear all the unladylike things that they think! :hair:

I wish spiders weren't invented.
    edited January 2006
    Oh sure I wouldn't mind that. Either way granted, but now Spiderman wouldn't exist and you would have had ruined my childhood.

I wish that some relationships could last till death.
  • edited January 2006
    Frizzer wrote:

Granted.
    But now you can hear all the unladylike things that they think! :hair:

I wish spiders weren't invented.

Granted, but now we have a terrible overpopulation of all the nasty bugs that spiders eat!

I wish it was Spring so that I could pick fresh veggies from my garden again. :(
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then all those bugs that the spiders didn't eat will be munching at your fresh veggies!

I wish it wasn't cold and windy so I could walk down to the river today and meditate.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted. But now it's about 95 with 95% humidity - you're sweating all over the place, your thighs are sticking together like two steamy pancakes and you're wishing for just a couple of days of cold and windy days.

I wish this thread was more interesting... because I'm a jerk.

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:

I wish this thread was more interesting... because I'm a jerk.

-bf

Granted - but now every syllable you read is so bone-crushingly funny you're unable to calm yourself down to pick all the nits from fellow posters comments. :grin:

I wish we could all meet one day.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted - but now every syllable you read is so bone-crushingly funny you're unable to calm yourself down to pick all the nits from fellow posters comments. :grin:

I wish we could all meet one day.

Now THAT... is an awesome idea, my friend.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    "I wish that some relationships could last till death."

Granted! But some of those relationships are unhealthy.

I wish I could cure illness without anyone knowing.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I think we will meet all again some day....just where and in which place, Heaven or Nirvana?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    BRIGID:
    Granted, but then some shyster would come along and claim all the credit, and that would be so unfair!

I wish I could reach the top shelves in supermarkets where they seem to put all the best bell peppers aubergines and courgettes - !!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted! But at 8' 6" (That's very, VERY tall) you bang your head on every doorway, hanging sign, and low ceiling, losing your memory of bell peppers, aubergines and courgettes in the process.

I wish a shyster hadn't taken credit for all the healing I've done!
  • edited January 2006
    Granted..but because you took the credit, you gloated in all the fame and fortune, forgetting your true self...

I wish I didn't activate that new credit card....
  • edited January 2006
    Granted...but then you ran into financial problems and ended up declaring bankruptcy, which could have been avoided if you had just activated that credit card!!

I wish that the majority of Christians weren't so hypocritical! (ouch!)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Granted - but then you'd become a baptist.....

I wish I knew what the heck God was thinking when he thought "I'll call him Adam and she can be Eve".....!!
    edited January 2006
    17 Jan
    YogaMama wrote:
    I wish that me, my husband and my daughter still lived in Phoenix, AZ!
    GRANTED, but then they’d move the state capital to Tucson, and Phoenix's economy would sour.

17 Jan
    federica wrote:
    I wish I had the voice of an angel.....
    GRANTED, but then your angel-face would darken.

19 Jan
    I wish I didn't activate that new credit card....
    GRANTED, but then you'd suddenly have to travel tomorrow and would have lost all your old ones.

federica wrote:
    I wish I knew what the heck God was thinking when he thought "I'll call him Adam and she can be Eve".....!!
    CAN ANYONE GRANT THIS WISH?

I WISH I UNDERSTOOD FEDERICA'S THINKING!!!!!!
    edited January 2006
    Granted... But then you'd have to explain it to me.... and could I take it?!?

I wish some men looked good in Pink without also looking camp....
  • edited January 2006
    Granted,
    but where all so "manly" men, where men in tights!!!!!!!:wtf:

I wish I had the "perfect" body...and I hadn't smoked for 15 years!!!!!
    edited January 2006
    Granted. But now you are used as an artpiece for nudist-art lovers to use, and your lungs now are still a healthy blood red that your doctor hates to see.

I wish all my relationship problems just vanish right now and I had a clean start once more.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Granted! Really. Because every new moment is a new start. But, you'd have to make amends.

I wish I'd never started smoking so I wouldn't have to quit in 3 weeks.
    edited January 2006
    Brigid is that you in your Avatar?
    Granted... But you shouldn't wait three weeks.... or is it that you have three weeks in which to give up...?
    In either case - good luck!!
    I wish I could get my head around this Self/No-self stuff....!
    ....Or have I just done that....??
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Yup, that's me. I'm not cross eyed, though. The picture lost a little bit in translation.
    As for the smoking, it's a three week program until the last cigarette. Then I can really start to heal. ANOTHER process!!! UGH. This is the BIG one. I may have to stay away for a bit, depending on how bitchy I get.

Granted! Wait, this is a hard one. O.K. This is pretty lame but you wouldn't have as much to look forward to. (?)

I wish I could be more useful to others.
  • edited January 2006
    Great picture, Brigid! Granted. But people become so used to you being useful that they take you for granted and don't appreciate your loving-kindness...but to the point where they are mean1!
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I wish you didn't have to go and fight anyone, Bushi...
    I wish for you it never comes to that....

THE IMPLIED WISH IS GRANTED! However, with no natural predator other than our own selves, the human species proceeds to get very fat, lazy, and unhealthy over the next fifty years, with the average lifespan dropping back down to 35, and the heart attack rate being at an all time high.

I wish the President of Iran would just keep his damn mouth shut about Israel, so I don't have to worry about a war in Iran/Syria.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, but they find some other excuse to go to war over anyway

i wish i were a genius.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted. But then you would constantly have people lined up at your door asking you questions never leaving alone!!

I wish I didn't have so many wishes!
  • edited January 2006
    Granted - but then you won't be able to play the game, which is a shame because it's fun.

I wish my memory were better so I could at least remember the names of new things!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:

I wish my memory were better so I could at least remember the names of new things!

Granted but, in the process, you forget all the verbs.

I wish I could select my dreams.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted, really... there's a technique called lucid dreaming which allows you to control your dreams and end any you don't like, but then you know what's coming taking all the sponteneity and fun out of dreaming.

i wish i could fly
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    twobitbib, I used to do lucid dreaming when I was younger. I got to meet The Rolling Stones!
    I could control everything just by visualizing. It took effort, and I knew I was dreaming but it was very cool. I could also force my eyes open when having a nightmare. Can't do it anymore.

Granted! But you'd forget how to walk.
    I wish I had more experiential knowledge.
    edited January 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    I wish I had more experiential knowledge.
    We Bequeath Thee Thy Wish, but we wish we didn't have to (You're already too wise.).
    However, by getting this thy wish, you shall lose control of your ability to be satisfied and will never get enough experience, which will render you morbidly unhappy and a waster of money.

I wish I were Jewish, because Jews have more fun.

I wish I were Jewish
    Because Jews are SO Smart.
    edited January 2006
    Granted, but then this guy called Shylock rings you, and it all goes pear-shaped....

I wish I had the real ability to grant people's wishes....
  • edited January 2006
    Fede,
    Granted, but then you are inundated with people flocking to your door trying to get you grant their every whim.....

I wish my meds tasted nicer.....
  • edited January 2006
    Granted but as my old mother used to say - if they tasted nicer they wouldn't be doing you any good!

I wish I wasn't the only person in the world who changes toilet rolls and the bag in the hoover! (First Grumpy post from the Wicked Witch of the East ......of France!)
    edited January 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    I wish I wasn't the only person in the world who changes toilet rolls and the bag in the hoover! (First Grumpy post from the Wicked Witch of the East ......of France!)
    GRANTED, but then you'd be the only person in the Post Office cleaning off the counter, and you'd feel very conspicuous.
    By the way, d'ya pronounce the "K" in Knitwitch, or leave it silent. (Honest Question, Dear!)

I WISH I COULD TRUMP EVERY OTHER WISH WITH A BETTER WISH, SO THAT I'D BE THE BEST WISHER OF THEM ALL, AND NO ONE COULD TWIST MY WISHES FOR THE WORST.
  • edited January 2006
    Granted - there, now you've spoiled the game for everyone!

And it's pronounced Nit as in nitwit and it was intentional! Cos I am.
    edited January 2006
    Yes, but now that you've granted his wish, it must mean that your wish-facility is more powerful than his, thereby rendering his wish-power redundant and thus immaterial....

I wish that I knew where this game was going to....
  • edited January 2006
    Sunderland?
    edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    I wish that I knew where this game was going to....
    GRANTED, but then, already knowing, you would no longer be interested or take part in it and we'd all be very sad.:nonono:

I WISH THAT, just as MOHAMMED WAS THE "LAST PROPHET," I WAS THE LAST WISHER, AND THAT THIS WOULD BE THE LAST POST ON THIS THREAD. (Try to GRANT this wish and make a post at the same time, I DARE YOU!)
    edited January 2006
    Your Wish is granted, but as a final wish...
    I wish you weren't so intent on trying to stop this game ans spoiling it for others.....:wtf:
    edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    I wish you weren't so intent on trying to stop this game and spoiling it for others.....:wtf:
    YOUR WISH IS GRANTED, MY EARLIER WISHES CANCELLED, but, on the other hand I'm still gonna try to be clever.

I WISH THEY'D MAKE A RULE THAT WISHES FORMERLY EXPRESSED ON THIS PAGE CANNOT BE VOICED AGAIN, AND THAT THE WISHES CANNOT BE ABOUT WISHES.

Sorry, federica, I'm jest tryin' to be clever. I'm really not trying to "stop this game and spoiling it for others," I'm just kinda bending the borders of the rules of this very fun page.

shalom,
    curious worker bee (The Thread-Ender):rarr:
    edited January 2006
    Granted. But your very wish would cancel out your very wish, thus forming a paradox within a paradox, logic within chaos, and chaos within logic. :crazy:

I wish Manchester United ends up 2nd place this season and thrash Chelsea 12-0 with Rio Ferdinand holding the defense line alone !!!
    edited January 2006
    Granted, But Arsenal then finds its form again, and heralds a new era of Arsenal triumphant!! yay!! Eat my shorts!!

I wish it was Spring all the time... Warm balmy blue skies, daffodils, blossom...breathe that in!!
  • edited January 2006
    Springtime granted. But then you miss the earthy autumn smells and colors, no more pumpkins, and corn on the cob is unheard of.:hair:

I wish chalk boards didn't get so messy and dusty.:grumble: