Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

obsession with posture

2»

Comments

• FenixFenix Veteran
    edited June 2011
    @person I doubt its a relaxing issue as was stated by @santhisouk that abdomen tension comes from bad posture. jaw tension I'm guessing is this same issue.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited June 2011
    Here's a great site for all the in and outs of proper meditation posture.

http://www.wildmind.org/posture/intro

Click on the links to the left instead of the next page option to stick to pages specific to posture.
  • FenixFenix Veteran
    Here's a great site for all the in and outs of proper meditation posture.

http://www.wildmind.org/posture/intro

Click on the links to the left instead of the next page option to stick to pages specific to posture.
    ok, thanks
  • theres no pain.
    Another good method is...As you would be mindful when you have random thoughts, in the same manner you can be mindful of any discomfort, pain or irritation. Just watch it, be mindful of it, and eventually it will pass. I have experimented with this and found it quite effective.

metta

• newtechnewtech Veteran
    Hello:

Obsession with posture its just a phase..but ofcourse it means something is not going quite right with the meditation.
  • @fenix

I have the same problem, I am constantly aware of my posture. I also notice my breath sometimes seems constricted and such. What has been working for me is to keep finding a good posture, being aware of it. Every time I sit I feel I am getting more comfortable. I make small adjustments throughout the meditation and go back to the breath.

Just keep putting in the time in meditation and keep working on your posture but dont let it be an obstacle. You will gradually start finding where you feel comfortable.