Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

THE BIRTHDAY THREAD!!

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your beautiful birthday wishes!! I appreciate them more than you know.

Hey, Bro, are you out celebrating? I'm sending my best wishes to you on your birthday and I wouldn't want to share this day with anyone else.

Sending all my love to you and your precious family,

Love,
    Boo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Happy Birthday, Dharmakitten!! Hope it's an absolutely brilliant one!!:bigclap: :thumbsup::cheer: :woowoo: :rockon: :birthday:
  • edited May 2007
    Happy B-Day DharmaKitten!!! Hope you enjoy it!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Many happy returns, DK
  • edited May 2007
    :cheer: Our place or yours? ;)

Happy B'day.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Happy Birthday DharmaKitten!!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Hey, DharmaKitten.

A very happy birthday to you!!!!
    edited May 2007
    There being no members' birthdays announced for today, I am sending best wishes for unbirthdays to all here and love to all those, around the world, who are celebrating today. It is the feast of the Ascension in the Christian Church, remembering when Jesus passed over completely:

GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA

:birthday:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2007
    That's a wonderful idea Simon, and I echo that sentiment entirely....
    My many friends on this website will be aware that I am far from despondent, morose, depressive or negative in temperament, so I would add with as much delight as the thought truly brings me, that every year, we also go through the day, or pre-anniversary, if you like, of the day we will die.

My mother just rang me and advised me that one of my cousins, with whom I was particularly close, has died this morning, after a long battle with cancer.
    My thoughts of metta and karuna are now with her family, and specifically with her mother, (my widowed aunt) whom was never made aware of the severity of her daughter's illness. The same from which her father, my uncle, died.

I find myself very...."untouched" emotionally by this event, in respect of manifested grief and tangible sadness, but there is that mixed feeling of mourning, coupled with an unexpected serenity and thankfulness that Mariangela is now at peace and free from her suffering.
    An ideal opportunity then to rejoice in our own lives, the blessings of the influence of the lives of those around us - both physically and of course, in this and other Sanghas - and a gratitude for our place on this journey. Wherever we are on it, whatever we're doing.
    Make it joyful, thankful and worthwhile.

Much love as ever,

me.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Beautiful post, Fede. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin and I think the way you have honoured her here is lovely.

All my love,
    Boo
    edited May 2007
    :cheer::birthday: Yogamama!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Happy Birthday, YogaMama!!!!
    :cheer:

All my love,
    Boo
    edited May 2007
    Oh my giddlydiddly! Happy Birthday Yogama!!

have a great one!

How's you?

Where's you!?

Hope you have a really great one!!:bigclap: :wavey:
  • edited May 2007
    So sweet of all of you to remember! :) I miss you all so much and I miss chatting on here with all of you. My life is simply just crazy lately. The 2nd farm we tried to purchase fell through as well, and then we were "homeless" for a bit, and now we are moving into an apartment! Yikes. Technically, we weren't homeless, just had to move into a friends house since we sold our house and had to be out, and then had no place to go! The appraisal for the farm came in too low, and no one would finance it for us at that price, which we didn't know about until 2 days before having to move out of our house that we sold. Life is crazy. Things could be worse, though. At least we are all still happy and healthy!

Anyways, thank you all for thinking about me!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2007
    That nearly happened to us a few years back, Kim. We were all set to buy the house we had picked out, had the financing secured and our house was in the process of being sold.

Two days before we were set to close, the bank got back another independent appraisal that came in far short of the mark. $30,000 less than the asking price! The bank immediately withdrew funding and said they wouldn't finance it because of the disparity of three separate appraisals! :( So needless to say, I understand where you're coming from :p

Happy Birthday to you, I hope things are well for you
    edited May 2007
    Happy Birthday Yoda!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Ah yes, isn't samsara fun. What do you say we all just get off the Wheel?!

Have a good one, Yoda.

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Oh, Yoga, I'm so sorry to hear about your house troubles. Bless your heart, things must have been crazy stressful lately. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you find your haven very, very soon.

Love,
    Boo
  • edited May 2007
    Palzang wrote:
    Ah yes, isn't samsara fun. What do you say we all just get off the Wheel?!

Palzang

Sounds good to me!! :)

Thanks, everyone. Now we are just going to take our time and find the perfect farm for us. I know it's out there somewhere!! It sure is nice to not have to worry about selling a house now.

I'll try to visit more often, as time permits.

xoxo - Kim
    edited May 2007
    Happy Birthday to my own personal lawyer-in-the-making!! It's Nick's Birthday today!!

yay him!! :bigclap: :thumbsup: :lol: :birthday: :bowdown: :cheer: :woowoo: :ukflag: :rockon: :ninja: :rocker:
    edited May 2007
    Happy Birthday Nick!!!
  • edited May 2007
    And a very happy birthday to you as well, Nick!!! :) Hope you are having a wonderful day with your wonderful Federica.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Hey, Nick!!

A very happy birthday to you!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
    edited May 2007
    Many happy return, Nick. I'm sorry we see you here so rarely. I miss you rigour.
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday Matt!!!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Have a great birthday, Matt!!!
    edited June 2007
    :cheer::birthday: Many happy returns, Matt.
    edited June 2007
    Yo Matt, my man, dude, you so bad, you good, you rock, you know what ah'm sayin' dog?

(Sorry...subjected to American Rap in a friend's car this morning.... do pardon me....)

Have a happy one!!
    edited June 2007
    Happy Solar Return and Solstice, Palzang-la.

May the year to come bring you the liberation that you crave.

:birthday::cheer:
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Happy BRITHDAY Palzang! :rockon:
    edited June 2007
    Palzang, may you experince as many re-births as you need, and may the suffering be inconsequential in all of them!

Wishing you Joy, peace, and all the chocolate fudge cake with hot creamy sauce you can eat!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Yuk, doesn't even sound good, Fede! Thank you all, though at this age what one most wishes for is to have no more birthdays and to stop counting years!

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    My thoughts on this Midsummer's Day:

SWALLOWING THE MOON AS WE FEEL FREE

Let us swallow the moon
    Let us give birth to the sun
    Let us lick the sharp sword
    Let us ride the stallions, saddled with crescent moon
    Let us not be terrified
    Let us relax on the earth of Shambhala ground
    Where the skylarks roam freely
    And where the arrogant deer frolic
    Let us celebrate at this Midsummer's festivity where clouds float freely.

Unpublished poem by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche for Midsummer's Day composed in Halifax, Nova Scotia, June 21, 1983

Palzang
    (a midsummer night's dream)
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday Palzang!!!!
  • edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday, Palzang! Lovely poem by Trungpa. He must have been visiting Gampo, or where Gampo was going to be, anyway.

Fede, if Palzang doesn't want it, can I have his piece? I'm drooling....!
  • edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday Palzang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    :o
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Happy anniversary of the supporting condition of your pain, lamentation, sorrow & despair, Palzang!!!! Have a great day! :tonguec:

metta
    _/\_
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Lol!! Good one!!

Hi, Deb! Nice to see you here!
  • edited June 2007
    Palzang, I am late, but I hope you had a very nice day yesterday! You are such an amazing person and I am so lucky to know you!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Thanks, YM. Hope your life is settling down.

Palzang
  • edited June 2007
    I don't think my life is going to settle down for at least another year! :) But it's all good fun. I just miss having the time to be on here more often.

Have a wonderful weekend in beautiful Sedona!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday Brian and Windwalker!

Palzang
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday Windwalker!!! Happy Birthday Brian!!! I wish that I wasn't forced to reschedule my trip to Michigan, otherwise I could have told you in person.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday, Brian and Windwalker!! Have an awesome day!!
    edited June 2007
    Hey 'Brain'!! Where's our resident top egg-head then, huh?

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, enjoy it, don't get caught and if the cops ask, I don't know you!

Windwalker, have a great one....
    LOve to both!!:bigclap: :wavey:
    edited June 2007
    Many happy returns to you both, Brian and Windwalker,

:birthday::cheer:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2007
    thanks everyone :) 30 doesn't feel any different than 29... strange :p
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, but 60 sure feels a lot different than 30, let me tell ya!

Palzang