Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

THE BIRTHDAY THREAD!!

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Putting it that way makes it sound so much older than just saying 60!

Persnickety old monk
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY,

PERSNICKETY OLD MONK!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

:tongue2:
  • edited June 2006
    Happy birthday. :)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Six months since a post so I hope all is well:

:birthday: Starstuff.
    edited June 2006
    BRIAN! May this be the start of a really great year - all of us here owe you so much!

:birthday:
    edited June 2006
    And to you, too, Windwalker:
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Brian,

Happy Birthday!

Love,

Jason
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Hey, Brian! They beat me to it.... But ya know.......

Have a wonderful one - and may the best of the last year, be the worst of this one - !!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Happy, happy birthday, Brian!!!
  • edited June 2006
    Happy Birthday, to all of you! I missed some of them. Hope you all had a wonderful day.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Thanks everybody. It can only go up from here :)

Wish me luck!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Ditto, Brian....
    Have a good one!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Good luck with everything, Brian!!
  • edited July 2006
    If vBulletin is right, it's Simon's birthday today, so... Happy birthday Simon, if it is your birthday. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Is it really your birthday, Simon? If so,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
    SIMON!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:bigclap: :birthday: :birthday: :bigclap: :birthday:

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I was a little under the weather for Brian's big day so here's some belated idiocy for you too, Brian.
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, BRIAN!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

:woowoo: :woowoo: :lol::lol: :woowoo: :woowoo:
    :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:
    edited July 2006
    Indeed yes, it is my birthday. 63 years in. No time off for good behaviour because no good behaviour.

I share my birthday with Prince Michael of Kent, the Bedser twins (for cricket fans) but not, despite what his biogs say, with Louis Armstrong, alas.

Since making friends with the Cheyenne people, I find it hard to celebrate à l'Américaine.
    edited July 2006
    Many, many thanks for the emails, PMs and posts.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Simon,

I stopped celebrating my own birthday three years ago for a couple of reasons. One was that I couldn't remember other people's birthdays so I didn't want them to have to bother to remember mine and the other reason was that it had lost it's meaning. I have no problem getting older (it comes quite naturally, actually!) so I'm not avoiding it but it feels a bit silly and hollow now. So why don't the Cheyenne celebrate birthdays? Just not part of their culture?

I like celebrating people's birthdays on this board, though, because I get reminded by other people and it's so easy to make a silly fuss and have it done with. I'm bad.
    edited July 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Simon,

.................. So why don't the Cheyenne celebrate birthdays? Just not part of their culture?

I like celebrating people's birthdays on this board, though, because I get reminded by other people and it's so easy to make a silly fuss and have it done with. I'm bad.

I was referring to the celebrations south of the border in the US, Brigid. I used to join in - even went to parties at a couple of embassies (London and Paris). Since meeting (even if only across the Net) the children of the Trail of Tears, I find that it hard to wish the US 'happy birthday'.

As for my own, my children will not let me forget it - nor, apparently, will all my friends here. Growing older is one of the processes that I really enjoy watching even if it is uncomfortable some of the time. As you say, it requires far less effort to get older than just about any other of our inevitabilities.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Oh, I get it now. Yes, I don't celebrate "Canada Day" (July 1st) either. I also sing our national anthem like this:

"O Canada. Our home on Native land..." instead of "...home and native land". I've always found it ridiculous to call July 1st or July 4th "birthdays". Now that's idiocy.
  • edited July 2006
    Hello to Everyone here.

First of all, thanks for the birthday wishes. I have not been here in some time because of personal reasons that have nothing to do with anyone here. I have been ill and now I am feeling better. I also did not have a computer. I have one now, though! :grin: I am starting to feel halfway human again but I don't want to push myself. I am just taking things one day at a time. Anyway, moving on, I see that there has been alot of activity since I have been gone. I also see that I have a lot of catching up to do! LOL!

Take care!

Adiana:wavey: :usflag: :type:
    edited July 2006
    Happy birthday, Twobitbob!

• edited July 2006
    I thank you for the Birthday wishes

Indeed an auspicius day for me for today i learn i have passed my nursing degree with an 82% average and have an interview for the post I most want.

Nursing is an interesting profession that keeps your ego in check. Despite these results what i will remember most from this week is the Tuesday I had three patients during the shift of which two died.

Antway, thanks again
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Happy Birthday, Twobitbob!!!

And a big congratulations on getting your nursing degree with such a high average!! How wonderful! I'm so happy for you.

I'm sorry to hear about those two patients. Dealing with death like that must be pretty trying at times but I know you can put those experiences to work for you and they will make you a better nurse. You've chosen such a noble profession, Twobitbob, which I find very apt.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!
    edited August 2006
    Happy Birthday everyone! It's too hard to keep up with them all!
    edited August 2006
    43 today, Iawa?

Many happy returns.

:birthday::cheer:
    edited August 2006
    Yep, absolutely, party....Include me in....!!:rockon:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    You're so up on all the birthdays, Simon. How do you do it?

Happy Birthday, Iawa!!!

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
  • edited August 2006
    psst...Brigid...I have a secret for you...go to the homepage of this website and down at the bottom it will tell you who's birthday it is each day (if there is one for the day).
  • edited August 2006
    Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Iawa!!!!
  • edited August 2006
    Happy Birthday Iawa!

Adiana:usflag: :birthday: :cheer:
  • edited August 2006
    Happy Birthday Iawa..............I hope you had a wonderful day :)
  • edited August 2006
    Happy Birthday Twobitbob.........I hope you had a wonderful day too :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Thanks, Yogamama! I didn't know that. I'll go have a look now.
  • edited September 2006
    Happy Birthday Zenmonk.............Hope you have a Great Day!! :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Hey! You're pretty fast, Deb! Nice job! I never would have known if you hadn't posted this.

Happy Birthday, Genryu!!
    :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

I'm sending you much love and my deepest wishes for joy and peace.

Brigid
    edited September 2006
    I missed the party. Genryu, but you know that my best wishes are with you.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Ah! I'm slower by a million beats - but cheers, zenmonk! :)
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Yes... Happy Birthday, ZM.

At least you're now a year older than I!

-bf
    edited September 2006
    Jason/Elohim, our dearest scholar who keeps us honest:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. May you receive all that you desire and, if you have conquered desire, may you receive happy surprises:

:cheer::birthday:
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Elohim! A great year lies ahead of you - and new pleasant suprises in your path. Happy b'day! :rockon:
    edited September 2006
    Happy birthday Elohim! Hope your 'self' got some nice things!! :grin: :rocker:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Happy Birthday, Elohim.

I wish you many more.

-bf
  • edited September 2006
    Happy Birthday Elohim!!
    edited September 2006
    Everyone,

Thank you for kind words, and for putting up with me for so long. Words can be at times a poor expression of thoughts and ideas, and my communications skills have never been top-notch. Often times, my replies on this site are very direct, and I fear that they are sometimes taken the wrong way due to this. Nevertheless, I try to offer whatever help I can to the best of my ability blah, blah... Anyway, I appreciate the sentiments, and I hope that you will all have an equally large amount of birthdays to come so that we can all share them together.

Sincerely,

Jason
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    I always find your posts to be gracious, gentle, respectful and thoughtful, Jason. So no need to worry because I know I'm not the only one.

I'm sending you my deepest heartfelt wishes for peace and joy today, on your birthday, and every day, Jason, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have taught me.

Your friend,
    Brigid
  • edited September 2006
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jason! I hope you have a wonderful day. And thank you for putting up with all of us for so long. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Oooohhh!! Good timing, Yogamama!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Oooops! Double post!