Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can you REALLY taste nirvana?

JayjayJayjay Veteran
edited February 2012 in Diet & Habits
I was at my local Jewel today and was in the organic grocery section. I stumbled upon canned Coconut water. On the can a banner advertised "Taste Nirvana!" It got me wondering. can you actually TASTE Nirvana? And if so, can you taste it in Coconut water? How do they relate?

Comments

• The taste of drinking coconut water for nirvana! What would that be for baby to taste it :D
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2012
    you can taste Nibbana in just about everything you eat, actually.
    You can smell Nibbana everywhere, all the time, you can see it, hear it and feel it. It's everywhere, all around you, inside and out.
    but mostly, for some bizarre reason, most people prefer to taste, smell, hear and feel samsara.
    i have no idea why.
    must be some kind of addiction ..... :screwy:
  • @federica so you see Nibbana as like the Tao? Or is that what it is? Is that how it is supposed to be viewed? Like the Tao if viewed in Taoism? And yes I have noticed that many tend to linger in samsara :D
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    In times of extreme physical exertion, like a long run or a some other activity, I really do think water has tasted like nirvana to me... I've never felt that way about like, ice cream or something.
  • If greed, aversion and ignorance is not present then there is nirvana in all things.

If there is greed, aversion and ignorance present then there is samsara in all things.

Pretty simple formula.
  • So, excessive amounts of nirvana causes diarrhea?
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Bad logo design :facepalm:
  • Well none of us have tasted nirvana. Got Budda?
  • I had a feeling this thread would be rather commical :3
  • Sorry jayjay.! But if it helps, I don't want a heaven without Starbucks americanos and taiyaki would probably choose hell over Nirvana if they served pizza...

Did you taste the coconut water?
  • I couldn't afford Nirvana ;D
  • Lol...no shit! Try Goya brand it's only a dollar...better yet, learn to climb a coconut tree. Earned Nirvana. But what @federica said was wise and I agree with her.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @federica so you see Nibbana as like the Tao? Or is that what it is? Is that how it is supposed to be viewed? Like the Tao if viewed in Taoism? And yes I have noticed that many tend to linger in samsara :D
    No. I see nibbana as a mental state available here, now, any time, anywhere, if only we'd quit carrying all this samsaric crap around with us all the time.

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    @federica I don't really get what you mean. But you know, I don't have time to drink an entire can of Nirvana. Do you have it in a pill? Or even better, a dissolvable strip that I can place on my tongue? Could I get that to go, actually?
    Just inhale deeply, and then let go.
    That's all you need.....
  • I stumbled upon canned Coconut water. On the can a banner advertised "Taste Nirvana!" It got me wondering. can you actually TASTE Nirvana? And if so, can you taste it in Coconut water? How do they relate?
    Can someone tell me what's with the sudden popularity of coconut water? Is it healthy for you in some way? What's it all about?

The tins are so strong you can repair a bust exhaust pipe with them.
    oh, and the bits of coconut stick in your teeth so you get to enjoy it waaaaay long time after you finish the drink.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    lol Must be some damn good coconut water.
  • You do realize it says 'tase' instead of 'taste', I thought we were going all police action on nirvana here! (to use those electric stun gun things)

It IS rude to tase the dead (Kurt Cobain reference)
  • @federica, your beautiful description sent me to Walmart to buy a few.

Mmmm!
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited February 2012
    @federica, your beautiful description sent me to Walmart to buy a few. Mmmm!
    Save the tins, you might be able to build a car out of them.
    You do realize it says 'tase' instead of 'taste', I thought we were going all police action on nirvana here!
    I noticed that. Those things scare me. I think they shouldn't be sold to the public. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one.

• It's a pain in the ass to get the coconut out..lol...
  • Hhahahahahaa you guys are great. And yeah sorry about the typo. I don't really like coconut but the other day I bought a Rockstar Coconut Water (Which is a new thing I guess) and it was horrible. Maybe for someone who REALLY likes coconut would like it. But I couldn't drink it at all. Thought I'd share my opinions lol.
    This is a fun thread :p
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Edited title to say "taste" instead of "tase". Use of a taser to achieve nirvana is for another website perhaps. :p
  • Hilarious! @ Lincoln...trixie! He hides and watches!
    edited March 2012
    Edited title to say "taste" instead of "tase". Use of a taser to achieve nirvana is for another website perhaps. :p
    oh i dunno... we've had a lot of really 'spaced-out' threads lately... i'm beginning to think otherwise.....
    :crazy:
  • JayjayJayjay Veteran
    Well I try to keep it real. I try to thread those impossible questions you ask yourself during the day. Im just glad I FINALLY have a place to know that they will all get answered by such smart, pure-minded people...........well, most people here are.
  • @jayjay...when I was your age I use to ask the same question to 10 different adults...usually many different responses but it was a fun game to play. Sometimes and often, I already knew the answer to the question...
  • We didn't have the internet back then.

• @federica I don't really get what you mean. But you know, I don't have time to drink an entire can of Nirvana. Do you have it in a pill? Or even better, a dissolvable strip that I can place on my tongue? Could I get that to go, actually?
    I heard that you can IV nirvana, that's what Kurt did anyway.