Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sex in America

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    YM,

We always knew that convent girls were easier to get into bed than those from lay schools! Perhaps it's because, as Catholics, they learned to enjoy the feelings of guilt. They also seemed far more inventive at sex, particularly those from boarding schools!!!
  • edited June 2006
    Is that why I had so many boys following me around when I got to a public high school??? :) And all this time I thought they were interested in me for my brain.

I almost said that with a straight face.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    As long as you had a nice set of "brains" - you can go on thinking that.

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    Are you kidding...I am STILL able to wear a training bra.
    edited June 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Are you kidding...I am STILL able to wear a training bra.

I've often wondered what a "training bra" was supposed to train. To transform a normal chest into one that will ensure mating and procreation? Or just to satisfy the lust of male lingerie manufacturers?
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2006
    I always say the more sex the better.
  • edited June 2006
    Or maybe it's to train the "owner" of the breasts? Train her into how they should be kept covered and train her about how to keep the boys out?
  • edited June 2006
    I always say the more sex the better.

Words of wisdom from Mr. T.
    edited June 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Words of wisdom from Mr. T.

You damn right sucka!!!!!! Now let's all have some sex. :thumbsup:
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    I, for one, am a supporter of the lingerie manufacturers.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    ...yes as a customer (duh)
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited June 2006
    As a nurse, I sometimes have to discuss sex with patients. Whether it be HIV transmission or sex after an MI, and I have to remain professional about it and not laugh at anything they say. Most of it is sad because it showed me how little people knew about sex.

The "abstinence only" campaign being the only form of sexual expression to be taught in schools is appalling. I was sexually active by high school and then AIDS hit. Since I'm gay, I had to find out on my own what to do. No discussion about that in school. Now we don't even discuss it in school. I find it quite interesting that in the biblical times, people got married really young and weren't expected to wait until they were in their 20-30's which seems to be the usual age range for marriage. Until then, ABSTINENCE ONLY?!?!?!?!
    I know most teenage boys think they will explode by then.

And though it sounds wonderful for parents to teach their children about sex, some parents won't or can't. If that is the case, how does the child get appropriate information? I got the talk about where babies come from at 5 years old. My mom was a nurse and I had access to information that others didn't. Some good, some horrid. I learned I was a deviant at 11! (Some will say it wasn't from the books either! LOL!) If those on the Right choose not to give their children that information, that is their business. Give them a slip excusing them from the class but I find that most teenagers would like the information. Withholding it seems to be insane and risking their lives for the parents sake. Sounds downright selfish to me. Now, may all of those parents have great waves of metta over them.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    YM,

We always knew that convent girls were easier to get into bed than those from lay schools! Perhaps it's because, as Catholics, they learned to enjoy the feelings of guilt. They also seemed far more inventive at sex, particularly those from boarding schools!!!

So why do they call them "lay" schools then?

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    You damn right sucka!!!!!! Now let's all have some sex. :thumbsup:

None for me, thanks...

Palzang
    edited June 2006
    We'll keep yours in the fridge.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    We'll keep yours in the fridge.

Thanks. I'll have it with my cold shower....:eekblue:

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    I'm laughing between my bouts of anger while reading this thread. Jerry, you put it so well:
    Withholding it seems to be insane and risking their lives for the parents sake. Sounds downright selfish to me.

Kids need to KNOW! Withholding information should be a criminal offense.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Palzang wrote:

Thanks. I'll have it with my cold shower....:eekblue:

Palzang
    Cold showers have been known to enhance the Drive and Libido.....
    Stick with a dust bath....!

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    See, that's where nuns have it over monks. Especially nuns on anti-depressants. No sexual desire whatsoever. (Sigh. I'd make such a good nun.)
    edited June 2006
    I would make a terrible nun.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Oh, I dunno.... you've got the looks, you've got the figure.... :D
    edited June 2006
    Don't go getting me hot and bothered. :type:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    federica wrote:
    Cold showers have been known to enhance the Drive and Libido.....
    Stick with a dust bath....!

Pant pant pant
  • edited June 2006
    "sex in america"

just like the name of the post..lol

i dont expect anyone to get that.
    edited June 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    See, that's where nuns have it over monks. Especially nuns on anti-depressants. No sexual desire whatsoever. (Sigh. I'd make such a good nun.)

Are you suggesting that nuns have no libido struggles, B-la? Not in my experience. I have been brought quite as many sexual fantasies by nuns as I have by monks. I think it's a result of giving it up: like chocolate, it can become an obsession when renounced.

Of course, nuns tend to be somewhat more discreet than monks. There is still such a patriarchal taboo against women's sexuality.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    So, you have ordained people bring you their sexual fantasies, eh? Hmmmm...

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    It's been my experience that both nuns and monks have trouble keeping the vow of celibacy, so it's not got much to do with the gender of the person, I think. It's really difficult in the West especially where you're constantly being bombarded with sexual images in everything from Cheerios to Geritol!

Palzang
  • edited June 2006
    Palzang wrote:

Palzang

That's what I was thinking....hmmmmmmm.
    edited June 2006
    I know I would love to hear some of those fantasies. :rant:
    edited June 2006
    Palzang wrote:

Palzang

I was a counsellor attached to a local diocese, supporting clergy and lay staff.
    edited June 2006
    Palzang wrote:

Palzang

I was a counsellor attached to a local diocese, supporting clergy and lay staff. And, in my current work as a "spiritual sherpa", I see clergy among other pilgrims. I have ceased to be surprised that monastics have far less difficulty admitting to their struggles with the vows than laypeople have with their own fantasies. I think it comes from a habit of self-examination.
    edited June 2006
    Well, I'm sure you didn't see as much "action" as the clergy...

Ooops... I shouldn't have said that.

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006

I was a counsellor attached to a local diocese, supporting clergy and lay staff. And, in my current work as a "spiritual sherpa", I see clergy among other pilgrims. I have ceased to be surprised that monastics have far less difficulty admitting to their struggles with the vows than laypeople have with their own fantasies. I think it comes from a habit of self-examination.

I think you're right, Simon. We know it's part of the package, so we're more prepared to deal with it when we're having a problem. That doesn't mean it's easy to deal with, however. People who drop their robes almost always do it over sex or "love".

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Well, I'm sure you didn't see as much "action" as the clergy...

Ooops... I shouldn't have said that.

-bf

Tsk, tsk, tsk. That's two strikes. Would you like to know which hell realm you'll go to with three?

Palzang
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Hey, STP, what's the difference between a puritan and a pilgrim? This is a question I was asked on an exam (relating to the first colony in the states).
  • edited June 2006
    Yoga mama, Buddha Foot, Simon:
    LOL
  • edited June 2006
    i would much rather have my child see a breast than a severed head. not to shy them away from death and throw them into sex, i just dont want them to be introduced to death in such a violent way since all young kids seem to know about death in some respect at a young age.

it also seems like Americans shy away from sex because of the nuclear family value and are maybe afraid of their boys growing up homosexual and not with 2.5 kids?

i grew up seeing R rated movies kinda young so...maybe that's whats wrong with me?

:eek2:
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Palzang,
    Just a piece of free professional advice. Cold causes the circulatory system to constrict. Taking a hot shower actually dilates the vessels causing heat to go out. So it might help! I didn't think celibacy was all that bad. I got used to it.
    edited June 2006
    Palzang wrote:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. That's two strikes. Would you like to know which hell realm you'll go to with three?

Palzang

Dude,

I already know I'm going to Hell.

In fact, I'm driving the bus down there.

I'll make sure to save you a seat right behind me!

Ninety-nine hot pitch-forks rammed in my bum, Ninety-nine hot pitch-forks. Take one down, ram it around, Ninety-eight hot pitch-forks rammed in my bum...

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    Save a seat for me on that bus. I like the back of the bus.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Dude,

I already know I'm going to Hell.

In fact, I'm driving the bus down there.

I'll make sure to save you a seat right behind me!

Ninety-nine hot pitch-forks rammed in my bum, Ninety-nine hot pitch-forks. Take one down, ram it around, Ninety-eight hot pitch-forks rammed in my bum...

-bf

How dare you! I'm driving the bus! :rarr:

Palzangpo

edited June 2006
    While you guys are driving, I shall be collecting the constantly-increasing fares.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Uh, bf said he'd get mine.
  • edited June 2006
    Yea, mine too.
    edited June 2006
    You guys.....
    Weird doesn't cover it..... Moderation is utterly useless.....!!:grin:
    edited June 2006
    Hey... I'm the one driving!

(see Figure 1 below)

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    federica wrote:
    You guys.....
    Weird doesn't cover it..... Moderation is utterly useless.....!!:grin:

Maybe you should try immoderation. Remember, as Mark Twain said, "Too much is never enough." (Of course, he was talking about bourbon)

Palzang
  • edited June 2006
    can i have a seat on that bus?
  • edited June 2006
    First you have to prove that you are worthy of sitting on that bus. And by that I mean, have you sinned as much as the rest of us??
    edited June 2006
    Yeah... this bus ain't for no lightweights. No "goody-two-shoes" on this bus..

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-bf