Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sharing meditation space pics

riverflowriverflow Veteran
edited March 2013 in Meditation
Over time I've added and re-arranged a few things in my meditation space under the stairway of my loft. I made a few changes recently and I just wanted to share...

The wee chest just coincidentally fits in the bookshelf very snugly. That's a 2.8' shakuhachi in the corner (which I play less often than I used to). The Chinese text behind Avalokiteshvara is the Heart Sutra. The character on the scoll is 'river.' The Shakyamuni picture is a Tibetan depiction (I think), so the altar is really just a mish-mash of things.

DandelionTheEccentricInvincible_summerMaryAnneDaltheJigsawStraight_ManAmakelalobsterNwosochelapaige

Comments

• shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    wow riverflow thats terrific.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    That's awesome! I like it a lot! I share my house with 3 boys, a husband, a large dog, a tortoise and 2 ferrets, so I don't have a dedicated space at this point. But that's ok. I do have a Buddha statue that sits on a wooden chest along with the certificate I got from my refuge ceremony that I framed. I just sit on our living room floor on my cushion early in the morning.
    riverflow
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    Beauty in simplicity. And a perfect little nook for a meditation spot.
  • I used to have a dedicated room- all to myself, for my Buddhist altar, my meditation chair, etc. But back in November we took in my youngest daughter, her fiance, and their HUGE sloppy dog, (they lost their house and much of their possessions in Hurricane Sandy) and that room had to be converted into a bedroom. I'll get it back again... soon I hope! :D

In the meantime, I love looking at everyone else's. Gives me ideas. ;-)
    Jeffreyriverflowchela
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    beautiful.
  • Great sense of peace. :clap:
    I sat on a commercial catalogue and two pink cushions staring at a black sofa, this morning. Pics would not be inspirational :dunce:
    riverflow
  • Thank you, everyone! This is a way of me getting in touch with my 'inner minimalist' (or my OCD-ness, one or the other!)